Gifts for obs?

iVillage Member
Gifts for obs?
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 6:59pm
Dh and I were talking about getting a gift for my OB. I've had a rough pregnancy she's sat with me at my daughters funeral ( she was my ob with and delivered Lily) she spent a 2 week period calling meevey night to check on how I was doing( the tine lily was in the icu and the week of her funeral) spent weeks keeping me calm when we were told grace would have heart problems ( luckily there is no longer concerns aboutvyer heart) she's told me not to even worry about calling in if I feel the need to be checked just gonstraight in etc. But we have no clue what to get her
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 7:54pm

Well, I've done flowers and

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 8:17pm
Wow, that's surely some *VERY* extra special OB you have...you're very lucky! I agree, she deserves something of a thank you gift because, to me, that's really just stand-out...and outstanding. I don't really have any ideas for you, though. I think if you know her semi-well...what does she like?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-04-2011 - 8:39pm

I think that's very thoughtful of you! It sounds like she's been a pretty spectacular OB throughout everything you've been through. Unfortunately, I'm not much help as far as what to give her. One of my students found out that I collect Willow Tree figurines (actually, I don't really LIKE them but my SO's mom gives me one for every holiday so the collection started) and she got me a "Thank You" one for the end of the school. It was actually not bad...it was holding some flowers behind its back and I always like them a little better when they have some color. It takes away from the fact that their lack of faces freaks me out!!

Anyways, just a thought. It's not very big in the way of presents, but I thought it was a nice gesture.

Photobucket