Glad I'm not the only procrastinator!!

iVillage Member
Glad I'm not the only procrastinator!!
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 7:56pm

So, I'm currently taking two courses for my master's program, which I'm doing online. I would rather take one at a time since they're a lot of work, but I have to take two in order to get financial aid. It's really a Catch 22. Anyways, I've been working on both exhaustively as well as getting my things in order at school because grades close this Friday. One of my assignments is a 6 page book or essay review on a famous philosopher. I can't complain too much, the book I'm reading is really fascinating and even though it was published in 1911 it is schockingly applicable to education today.

Anywas, the book review is due on Tuesday and I'm panicking because I'm only about half of the way through the book and have no idea how I will finish ontime and I hate being the last one to turn things in. Then, I remembered that part of the assignment is to send a copy of your paper to your classmates when you submit it to the professor. That way you can get feedback from your classmates. Well, as of right now, not one of my classmates has done this so I realized that I can't be the only one rushing to finish at the last second. Made me feel loads better!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 10:28pm
What are you getting your master's in?

I'm taking online courses for psychology. It's funny to see how many assignments pop up online 30 minutes before the due date is reached!

Hope you got your book review in on time!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 11:06pm

OMG! I feel your pain. I'm in the exact same boat. I'm finishing up my classes this semester and then I am taking a break on my Master's Program. The only thing that sucks is I will be lacking 2 classes from graduating. I would take them 1 at a time, but I have to take 3 in order to get financial aid. So I am going start again next spring. I am also a teacher. I working on my degree in admin. What grade do you teach?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-30-2011 - 6:59am

I teach second and my Master's will be in Elementary Ed. I'd love to someday get my master's in history because I'd love to teach at that subject at the high school or even college level, but one thing at a time. I'm trying to finish up by next fall and so I am taking two summer courses. One will go from May to June and the other from June to August. I am probably crazy for doing the second one, but I figure I can make it work somehow.

Photobucket