Government ruining my life!!

iVillage Member
Government ruining my life!!
Fri, 04-08-2011 - 7:56pm

LOL...ok, I'm trying to stay optimistice here and I completely realize that I am certainly not the only American affected by the potential shutdown BUT....

I'm so frustrated!!! If they shutdown, my FHA loan can wind up in jeopardy because I just got the loan documents today and so the loan doesn't have a case number yet. I'm hoping that my sellers would allow an extension if necessary, but I just don't know. Everything is so up in the air and I can't get a straight answer from anyone as to how this will work. I just really hope they can solve this crisis within the next four hours.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 12:04am
I like your optimism! ;)

Sorry that your loan might be affected :( Fingers crossed you won't have to deal with that headache!

The government is definitely putting a damper in our lives. Half our income comes from the military! Eek. Luckily, we have my parents to help us out until paychecks start back up again, whenever that'll be.

I think I'll tag along with your optimism. It'll make life a lot happier!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 12:12am
Your optimism worked!!! The government shutdown just got averted!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 7:22am

Yes!! So now I just have to hurry up, get all my loan papers signed, have the appraisal done before they change their minds ; )

Glad it worked out for you as well! I was thinking about all the people whose pay would be affected...that's really unfair!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 10:17am

I am glad they worked out an extension, and I hope your loan goes well!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 10:30am

I agree with what you are saying River. While I'm glad they didn't shutdown, I worry about how the cuts will further affect me. As a teacher (and a relatively new one) it scares me to think that education would be even further cut than we were already planning because my job could once again be in jeopardy. I just wish I could go one year without having to worry about this, but it looks as though even with professional status, I'll have to worry about it until we face ONE year where layoffs are not a possibility. Until I have a bunch of teachers with lower seniority than me, it's not going to matter how long I've been there.

*sigh* I will probably be ok this year. We'll see about next...

Photobucket