Had my house inspection yesterday!!

iVillage Member
Had my house inspection yesterday!!
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 7:18am

It's been a very busy week for me. I made an offer on a house last week and it was VERY quickly accepted. We want to be settled well before the baby comes, so we are trying to close by the end of April. I had my house inspection yesterday and the guy was incredibly thorough. He went through everything with a fine-tooth comb and most of the stuff he found was very minor and I probably wouldn't even bother with. There were some bigger issues that I'm going to ask the sellers to fix and hopefully they won't have a problem with it. My realtor is also the listing agent and she told me that it was not unreasonable in the least to ask for those things to be done. So now I just have to play the waiting game while all the paperwork gets sorted out. I'm very excited, but also nervous that something with go wrong!!

I'm going to try to ease my anxiety by looking at paint samples. While I'm on the subject, have any of you ever used fume-free paint? It's supposed to be safe to use during pregnancy, but I was wondering about the quality of it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 11:15pm
How exciting!!!! Hopefully the sellers will fund the repairs and everything will go smoothly!

I've never heard of fume-free paint. I can only day dream about choosing color schemes and painting my own house. One day I'll have my own home. :) How fun that you get to do that!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-06-2011 - 7:15am

Yea, I'll have to look into it a little. I just remember the last time I was pregnant there were moms on my EC who had used fume-free paint. And thanksf or the good wishes....hopefully everything goes well from here on out.

Photobucket