Happy Mother's Day!

iVillage Member
Happy Mother's Day!
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 10:15pm

I just wanted to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day! If no one wished you a happy day yet, then this one is for you!

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-08-2011 - 10:18pm

My oldest gave me a handmade card today.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 10:19am

That's so nice River!! When my daughter stopped making cards in school she stopped giving cards...She did more for me when she was little --trying to make me breakfast (cereal when she was really little). I guess when she's grown and an adult, it will be nicer for me.

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 11:00am
River...this is *VERY* nice!!! :) I hope you, and all the other ladies, had a ver happy Mother's Day!

For me, it wasn't a horrible day, just nothing special. I feel like as a parent esp. of a young kid, you still have life going on. Still had grocery shopping and errands to run that I usually do on Sunday...which I actually don't mind all that much. My parents come over on Sundays anyway...my sister came, too. And we always go out to dinner on the weekend (we cook Mon-Fri). Only difference was we went out w/ my grandparents & uncle to a nice restaurant...food was delish! :)

My son's almost 3 yrs old, so of course he made me a cutie project at school which I have on my fridge. We aren't in any type of financial situation to buy gifts right now -- though my hubby sincerely did ask if we had enough money for him to buy me something (I do all the finance-related things) and I said no...it's not necessary plus it's just money we don't have for that type of thing. I don't care so much about the gift part...I've gotten many beautiful and cherished gifts over the many years and it's just not the priority right now. Though my parents, sister and grandparents did give me cash :) Which is def. always nice and much appreciated, but again not necessary.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 12:44pm

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-09-2011 - 12:52pm
I never knew how Mother's Day was started. It puts Mother's Day into perspective.

We try to make Mother's Day and Father's Day about service and appreciation, but we really need to work on the other holidays. Sometimes we get a little too caught up in the material side of things. I've been working on making our holidays more about family and meaning than the gifts. We're getting there though!
 BabyFetus Ticker