high maintenance baby !

iVillage Member
high maintenance baby !
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 12:25pm

So Jenna is the sweetest cutest baby :) But...she is very high maintenance..She does not sleep well and sleeps the weirdest schedule and it does not fit my life well at all. She has never gone to bed for the night prior to 11pm! She sleeps less than most babies and takes short naps here and there throughout the day (some days only 1 nap and that's if i put her in swing). A few weeks ago she was sleeping really well but i wasn't (go figure) and now i started sleeping better and she is not sleeping well at all! On average she goes to bed around 1230am and was sleeping 5/6/7 hrs a time. Now she has reverted back to not sleeping but 3 hours before waking and eating. Last night was bad. She went to bed at 2am..so that's when i went to bed. She woke up 2.5 hrs later (mind you i struggle every night for hours holding her and feeding her trying to get to bed by 1130 pm. so i can get some sleep before alarm goes off 645 am.). I didn't get her right away thinking she may go back to sleep. Nope..at 5am i got her ,changed and fed her. so she goes back to bed at 530..Me not so much. Its hard for me to fall back esp when i know alarm going off an hour later so i finally get back to bed at 730am and sleep another 2 hours so i guess i got 4/4.5 broken. This is almost every night to varying degrees. She will not sleep in crib yet. We have moved from living room to bedroom finally but she's still in her infant carseat carrier. She slept in crib 2 nights and did ok and then 3rd night was screaming every time i put her in crib. I am just so tired. Not to mention, she can't be consoled at night by anyone but me when she's fussy (every evening until bed time). DH will try sometimes to give her a bottle but at night she really doesn't like the bottle at all. She freaks out and i wind up breast feeding her. He's not home during the say except wkds so its on me to feed her all day and night pretty much. She needs a ton of interaction and attention. She doesn't just sit and be pleasant. She wants to be with people constantly. I just feel like i am going out of mind sometimes. Not many breaks when she only wants mommy..Anyway, thanks for listening. Hopefully things get better for us. If anyone has a way to get baby to sleep more or sleep earlier at night, please go ahead.. I can't really keep her up more than she is because she can be up 12 hours without sleeping some days..

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 8:58pm
Aww hun I'm sorry you're having a hard time =[ make me thank goodness that Carsyn seems like such an easy baby. Ik how you feel about seeming like your the only one though. My fiancé works full time so he is gone most of the day on top of having cerebral palsy so he can't bounce Carsyn very well either and it hurts him to walk him around. Since Carsyn is our only inhave no idea on any advice to give on helping her sleep =[ Carsyn usually just wants to cuddle or bounce and then is out. As for sleeping in his bed he used to be like that, then I started letting him fall asleep with me and then I move him and he does fine till morning. Hopefully shell get into that crib soon!!
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 1:52pm
If it makes you feel better, I've read that some people think high needs babies are really smart because they already know what they want and know how to communicate their needs :) Hope you get some sleep though!
~Andrea~ IMG_1563
iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 2:31pm

Thanks! I bet she's smart. I did get her to bed a little after 12am and she did sleep untl 7am..fed and changed her and we both went back to bed until after 10am..I would like her to get to bed by 10pm eventually. That would be ideal. I feel bad --she's getting a bad reputation. lol

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 11:17am

That sounds almost exactly like Eve except that up until this week she'd wake up at 7 am whether she went to bed at 10 pm or 4 am.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 12:06pm

Poor Jen!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-24-2011 - 3:37pm
Glad to know mines not the only LO that sleeps in a car seat! Not quite sure how to break that! Hope things improve and you get more sleep!
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 3:21pm

Thanks all!! I have to say she's sleeping better the last few nights. Last night she went to bed before 11pm!!! I need that every night.. i slept alot better last night. think it was the best night i've had. I don't know when i'll take her out of the car seat though definitely not for a few weeks. I'll get some sleep before i try the crib again. She's a tricky baby though. Doesn't like the bottle when she's fussy at night. Will only take it in a.m. and afternoon.

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-25-2011 - 7:55pm
Glad to hear you had a good night!! Sending lots of sleepy baby vibes you way so hopefully your little angel will get into a nice routine for you!
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-04-2011 - 1:35pm

So Jenna still hates the crib..Put her in there for nap today and she woke screaming. She still refuses to take a bottle most times esp if i am present but if its at night (cranky time) she won't take the bottle even if i am not around...and no one can feed her during the day all week (i am alone) so i hope she doesn't flat out refuse the bottle at some point...DH can feed her on wkd mornings..i hope she doesn't just want breast at all times.