How are the husbands/SOs postpartum?

iVillage Member
How are the husbands/SOs postpartum?
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 7:37pm

How are the husbands & SOs doing in the early weeks of baby?

Are they helping enough? Are they around enough? How is their attitude lately?

I expected my hub to fulling bowl over with stress and sort of "check out" or something. To my shock this past week he seems to be sort of... uhm... high? He keeps telling me how he loves me and loves our family and thanking me for having the baby and taking care of it so well (getting over some breastfeeding challenges & getting up all night), etc.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 10:31pm
ahh that is great. My dh is back to who he always is which is a fabulous father. He went back to work already but he still has gotten up in the night to help.
a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 11:50pm

Well, you

iVillage Member
@ taftngrant-- what sort of help do you ask for in the night? I would love help LOL but figure i have to get up for nursing anyway so I cannot see making hub get up for the diaper change part of it.
But still, every waking is a full hour awake! ACK!

iVillage Member
River - glad your DH is snapping back into shape :-) The early days can be rough on them too, although its HARD to sympathize!! :-)

iVillage Member
haha, I am a lazy nurser......lol last night he put carter in bed with us and when he was done he changed and put him back in the bassinet during one of the feedings . lol, i didn't move and honestly slept through that whole feeding. rofl he said at one point i told him 'hurry up and switch the babies' and he told me "um , we only have one' and i said 'oh okay '.
a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member

It's funny.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 11:46am

Dh has been pretty good since baby birth..He has no problem doing diaper changes and helping with laundry, cooking, etc.. He really enjoys being with baby and wants to hold her alot which i think is so cute..he's a first time father and i knew he would love it and be a good father..When we go out, he does the driving most times (i stay with baby in back if she's awake)..and he gets her in and out of carseat in car..The car seat is heavy!! He's been spending more time with us on wkds. HE said to me last night, Christmas will be more meaningful now with baby... He's in love lol..it does change your relationship totally..Its an adjustment and its good that we were together 5 yrs just us before adding baby to the mix.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-25-2011 - 11:52am

DH doesn't get up at night..Why would he? I am doing all the feedings on breast..He is grumpy with lack of sleep plus he's back to working full time and i am not. I get a little mad sometimes that he gets to sleep all night but i am the only one who can feed her so its just for nothing if we're both up and tired. I sleep with Jenna when he leaves for work though.

iVillage Member

Yeah me too..an hour (sometimes more) for every middle night feeding (and changing omg its a mess! lol). Oh well it won't last forever. It takes me getting baby to sleep like 10 hours to get six broken hours. That's why i said over and over pregnancy tired is NOTHING compared to new baby tired and lack of sleep

iVillage Member
lol , i feel the opposite, i feel FAbulous now!! but like i said i sleep while he nurses at night and i take a nap or two during the day... rofl i sound incredibly lazy....but it works for us.

Pages