iVillage Member
How is everyone feeling postpartum?
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 1:26pm

For the first week after Ethan was born, it was like I was riding on an

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 5:22pm

I was the same way...I felt great the week after my C/S and probably overdid things by going out and walking around.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-22-2011 - 8:46pm

I'm doing okay.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 12:57pm
Can you get rid of the cats?

j/k !!

oops- baby crying cannot actually type rest of my reply!

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 1:55pm
LOL! I would LOVE to get rid of my cats some days!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 2:02pm

River -- yes, we c-section gals get afterpains too. Though they were nowhere as strong as after my vag birth. I think the killer pain meds you get with the c-section may have something to do with it though. ;)

Also, my bleeding is nowhere as heavy as it was after my vaginal birth -- especially immediately postpartum.

Ugh. Now I remember why I hate the postpartum period. The recovery, fatigue, weepiness, bleeding, night sweats (nasty!), and that lovely postpartum hair loss that last more MONTHS! Sometimes when you are feeling like crud, and up all night with an unconsolable baby, it can feel really lonely. It feels great to read this thread and realize we really are not alone.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 4:34pm
Shells - I agree it is a comfort to know that we all are dealing with our own challenges during the post partum period. I definitely have felt very isolated, especially in the wee hours.

I feel like crap, and I also get very anxious worrying that something more serious is wrong. I've had dizziness most days and that always makes me scared - somehow dizziness is more scary than tiredness or pain etc. It may be lack of sleep + excess of stress... at least that is what the doctor would probably say (I did call her a couple days postpartum about it).
But I am at a loss for increasing my sleep or decreasing my stress! Stress has only sky-rocketed this past month, lots of things going wrong all over the place. And my very biggest stress is wanting my husband to have found income before MY income drops off (during my maternity leave & after return as well)... and so far he has not even sent out a resume. This gives me piercing headaches that I cannot just choose to "not worry" about.

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 5:47pm
You just posted how I feel. Except my break down came the day after I got home. I just broke down and creid and cried. I did this for 2 days.

Like you the reality of having 3 kids set in. The guilt of not being able to do what I was use to hit me, reading books to ds at night (very difficult to do when baby needs to eat so much :( ) taking time with DD who is 13 and kinda feels left out................ not being able to even drive myself places (up until friday)

What set me off was dd attitude the day after I got home ad how she did not get her rollar blades when my parents where here, and her griping and b!tching about it for a total of 4 days -2 while in the hospital and myfirst 2 days home. It made me so damn mad.

She was not helping with things like we asked (very very simple things too!!) and just throwing out an atitude about it and them throwing in the gripes abt her blades just pushed me over.

i just fliped out on her. I creid I was so angry............... I should not have yelled at her but her attitude was uncalled for, her refusal to do anyhting was uncalled for......................

I know being a teenager is hard, being 13 with a new baby bro is even more dfficult.............and yes all teenagers are selfish at some point, we all were there in our lives but I mean my God.

I still sit and cry.................. everythig makes me cry these days :(
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 6:12pm

My post-partum anxiety has arrived with FULL FORCE, but this time around instead of having anxiety over the lack of sleep and trying to keep baby happy and comfortable, I have super anxiety over leaving the hospital tomorrow without the baby. I am an absolute hysterical mess every time I think about it. I really don't want to leave him here, but I have to get home to my other kids and the hospital only has 2 boarding rooms, both of which are full right now. At this point, they're estimating his time here to be around 2 weeks or so..much more than I had thought. Although, I must say that I'm happy they are going slow with his recovery so that they are positive he's better before he comes home and we wind up with a relapse.

So, on the one hand I'm happy to be getting out of the hospital and happy to go home to Josh and Jill but not happy at all about leaving my little guy alone here.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-23-2011 - 6:59pm

I have been okay so far.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-24-2011 - 8:02am

Like most everyone else, the first week I was on a postpartum rush..then reality came crashing through!!

Photobucket

Pages