how long is your hubby going to be home to help?

iVillage Member
how long is your hubby going to be home to help?
Fri, 07-08-2011 - 11:33pm

the plan here is to be induced on the 21st so hubby it taking off thursday friday and all of the following week to help out... he's ab le to work from home as needed after that point...

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member

DH took vacation time totalling 9 days plus off on weekends --4 days after the holiday/birthday and next week Mon to Friday. He goes back full strength to his work on July 18th. I am happy to have him with us these first days and coming to the first dr appts, etc.

iVillage Member

Ugh...you are so lucky!! We have to have SO take his vacation the week I go back to school because daycare won't take the baby until he's 8 weeks. As of the start of school, he will only be 6 weeks so SO is taking the first week and my mom is taking the next one. Unfortunately, SO just started at this company so he doesn't have a lot of time available. He works for WB Mason now and they had purchased his old company. At the time, we were just happy he had a job with them that we didn't care he was starting all over with vacation and sick time. Now...it's kind of an issue. For example, he only has one banked day of paid time off, so he'll get to take the day off that the baby is born and then he is right back to work.. Then for the vacation week, he has to borrow that time which he should be able to make up in time to get another week off next year, I hope! It will be interesting to say the least...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
My husband's a teacher so he's off all summer! We planned it this way with both babies (my son was born June 19th). I cannot even imagine not having him around to help -- and G-d know's he's a TREMENDOUS help (I'm very blessed) -- with so many things.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
I will take the first 6 weeks off by myself then he will take 6 weeks off and stay with the baby.
a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member
I didn't really notice until now that dh and I haven't discussed this yet. It's kind of an important thing to discuss!

He'll probably only take off a few days of work. My mother should be around to help out with the kids for a while. This is what happened after our other two kids were born, and it worked out well for us. My mother doesn't work, so she can stay around for however long we need her.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
DH is going to be taking a week-ish off. It depends when the baby decides to come and how the weekends fall.
iVillage Member

He gets two days sick leave and then he has to use vacation days.

iVillage Member
He's planning on trying to be home "for about a week". But it will all depend on when baby is born. If baby's born on a Wednesday for example, I bet he goes back on Monday.

Baby #1 - born Saturday at 6 p.m., DH actually got up at 5 a.m. and went to work Sunday morning for about 5-6 hours. He did try to stay home 1-2 days after we got home, but my mom also was there, and I'm pretty sure he worked 1/2 days for a couple of days. I know on day 3 or 4 home, my mom went on a road trip for a couple of days and my DH was definitely gone because I remember having a BIG talk with DD that I didn't really know what to do with her beyond the basic care things :-)

Baby #2 - I know he planned to take a week off, but I think he only made it a couple days and then worked some 1/2 days.

This baby he says he wants to take a week, but I know it will depend on what's going on at work. So far, I've had relatively easy recoveries, so it hasn't been a terribly big deal. Hopefully, it won't matter this time either.
iVillage Member
My c-section is scheduled for Thursday the 14th. DH is taking off Thurs & Fri of course, then he has to go to work on thursday of the following week just for a few hours to do a few things that he cannot do while home. Then he iss off the rest of that week and the following.
Photobucket

iVillage Member

I have to say that I have been truly grateful for my dh being able to take time after the birth.

Pages