How's your holiday shopping coming along???

iVillage Member
How's your holiday shopping coming along???
Sun, 12-04-2011 - 7:02pm

For the first time ever, I am nearly done with my shopping in early December. The only things I have to get are some gift cards that I could pretty much get at the last minute. I finished the kids and I am really proud of myself that I stuck to my budget and have not gotten them anything after the moment I said "I'm done!". Normally, I start wrapping and feel like they don't have enough. However, I always end up going crazy because they get so much stuff that we don't have room for it. I figured I would let the grandparents go crazy this year and I would just stick to the few things I got.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member

Well, I will tell you a little story about handmade gifts and this family and let you all be the judge on how they receive them.

When DS1 was a little over a year old, I was already pregnant again and SO wasn't gettin much overtime at work. We were really strapped, so for Mother's Day, I took a bunch of pictures of DS1 and turned them into a digital slideshow for both our mothers.My mother LOVED hers. His???

Her reaction was "What am I supposed to do with this?"

Photobucket
iVillage Member

OMG.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

Well, thank you, but I just bought each couple a gift certificate to go to dinner at one of their favorite restaurants. My mom has banned me from getting them anything, so I took some artwork the two oldest made and framed it. At least I know that she'll appreciate that kind of gift. SO's mom would probably sell it at a tag sale.

Photobucket

Pages