I am just not a patient person!!

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-30-2004
I am just not a patient person!!
8
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 4:17pm

So, as I've been saying, we are in the process of buying a house. So far, everything's been going smoothly. We had the inspection which turned up a few things, but the sellers agreed to all of our repair requests which was great. Then we had the appraisal, which came back yesterday and is fine. Now I'm just waiting for that "final word". I was told to expect my loan processor to call me back this afternoon or Monday morning. Of course, it's now looking like it will be Monday mornig so I have to wait the whole weekend. Agggghhhh!!!

I'm just so nervous they'll tell me I can't have the loan or something. Even though I got my pre-approval and shoudl be fine income and credit wise, I'm just really nervous that some weird thing will show up that I don't know about. Maybe I'm paranoid, but we've just waited so long to be able to buy a house and now that it's so close, I'm afraid something will stop it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-29-2008
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 4:22pm

Sounds like everything is in order, I'm sure it will all be fine.

iVillage Member
Registered: 08-30-2004
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 7:11pm

No luck on a phone call today, guess it will have to be Monday. I was actually feeling pretty good about it after getting the appraisal back yesterday because I figured that was the last hurdle, but then I talked to my mom today and she was telling me about how when she and my stepdad were buying their first home, they'd gotten pre-approval from a local bank, had an appraisal and THEN got a letter saying "Oops, sorry...you don't qualify after all" even though her appraisal checked out. Soooo...just a tad worried that will happen. The only thing I keep telling myself is that was a local bank, I'm using a mortgage company that has been very thorough through the whole process and they have my credit report and income verifications. Also, I was told last week that I'm safe from any layoffs this year so my employment verification should have been fine as well. While I can't think of anything right now that would stop it, I just know I won't really rest easy until I get that call Monday morning. At least it's a busy weekend to occupy my mind!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 07-16-2009
Sat, 04-23-2011 - 6:23pm

You gotta love parents sometimes! They want us not to have too high expectations I guess, but telling us about this or that situation where it did not go well when the matter is out of our hands and we are just playing a waiting game, just makes the time waiting more stressful! (My first pregnancy, when I

iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2010
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 11:25am
Good luck with your call today!!! I would be shocked if they didn't approve it!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-30-2004
Mon, 04-25-2011 - 4:33pm

Still nothing!!! I know these things take time, but do they realize what they are doing to this severely hormonal pregnant lady?? I got frustrated around noon, so I emailed the lender that I've been dealing with since I don't know how to get in touch with the processor handling things and all I got from him was "I'm meeting with her later and then she'll email you." Doesn't sound either good OR bad...but I still have no news. I just want something at this point!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2010
Tue, 04-26-2011 - 10:37pm
Have they finally called you yet??? Surely they would have by now!
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Registered: 08-30-2004
Wed, 04-27-2011 - 7:09am

FINALLY got an email from my processor yesterday and I was not too happy. They didn't deny me or anything, but they just need all this other documentation (which I gladly would have provided them with a month ago when I started the process) and I have to pay off these two idiotic collection accounts (they are from some book club I must have been part of 8 years ago. It's only a minimal amount of money, but the kicker is that I had ASKED my lender when we first got started if I should pay it off and he said no because it could affect my credit score by having new activity show up on a negative account. Sooo....now I have to do all this and I was supposed to have my mortgage comittment by Friday. I asked if this could all be taken care of so that it wouldn't affect my closing date and they said no...there is no way I would be able to get approval from the USDA by Friday, so I need an extension. I sort of feel like they dropped the ball or something because my lender has had a copy of my purchase and sales agreement for almost 2 weeks and wouldn't you think that he would have said "Oh these dates won't work"? I don't know much about this process, but it seems as if that would be the case.

Also, I have to provide this letter explaining why I have any late payments on my credit dating back to 2005. I have to be honest, there were quite a few from 2006-2008 because SO was out of work for a year and I had to quit my job in 2007 in order to do my student teaching, so it was a rough couple years. The processor didn't seem to think it was a big deal, but now I'm worried that I'll be denied even with the letter, and it's going to be awhile before I know that for sure.

It just stinks because now we'd probably close at the end of May or beginning of June...right when we have two weddings, DD's dance recital and I'm finishing up the school year so I have to move my classroom to the new school. I would have liked being able to close on our original date of May 10 because I could at least have had SO and my mom get the painting done and we probably could have moved in at the end of May. *Sigh* looks like it will be a very busy June!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Registered: 09-15-2010
Tue, 05-03-2011 - 4:52pm
How annoying!!! They really did drop the ball on this.
 BabyFetus Ticker