I finally packed my bag

iVillage Member
I finally packed my bag
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 3:09pm

I have been dragging my feet about packing my bag for the hospital and the kids' bags in case we drop them off somewhere in the middle of the night for weeks.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 4:30pm

I've also kept putting it off, and I completely get that logic.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 4:59pm

I'm having a hard time with my bag as well. I'm going to be there for four nights, so I want to pack my own comfy pj's but I can't remember if it's ok to wear ones that are pants/shorts or if they should be nightgowns. I don't have any nightgowns, so I guess I should probably pick some up.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 5:10pm

i dont have any nightgowns either.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:06pm

Yea, I'm not sure about the nightgown thing. I think I wore them last time only because the elastic band on pants was a little annoying around the CS scar. I'll probably just go to Walmart and get a couple to be on the safe side.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 2:42am

I should only be there 2 nights, but I still packed both pants/top pjs and a nightgown because I wasn't sure either.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 7:37am
I packed a pair of lose pants and a shirt for the hospital just in case. I am pretty sure last time I just stayed in the hospital gown until I got dressed to go home. I know I did bleed on a couple of the gowns and it was a lot easier having them check what they needed to (especially the first day). Maybe if I have a lot of visitors, I will be more comfortable wearing something other than the hospital gown.
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 8:14am

If I was only going to be in there for the two days, I'd probably just stay in the hospital gown as well because I don't want to ruin anything really nice. I think that's why I'll just go to Walmart. I can probably pick up a couple of nightgowns on clearance and then not worry if they get ruined. It's funny, I've put so much time and thought into packing a bag for the baby and haven't really given any thought to my own : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 8:40am

Are you all bringing "diaper bag" for baby ?. I wasn't going to (since hosp has diapers etc) I was just going to put baby clothes in a plastic bag in my duffle bag for hospital. I am bringing the boppy pillow, laptop i guess, and baby car seat/carrier and i think DH will bring an outfit in case we have a private room and he stays for a night.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 9:24am
I really need to pack my bag, too...I'm just procrastinating big time. Jen, I also have only a limited amount of clothes that I can wear right now (said as I stare at the overflowing wagon of laundry I have to do later today/tonight)...so I will just pick an outfit for me to wear back home last minute.

I'm not bringing a diaper bag...I don't think I did last time. My bag is big enough that I can put everything in it for me and baby. I will bring the baby 2 or 3 outfits plus 2 blankets; our cameras w/ chargers, cell phones w/ chargers, laptop, the gifts for my son (I *must* remember this!), toiletries, clothes for hubby (he'll be staying the first 2 of 4 nights...all rooms are private), pj's for me (2 pants sets and 1 nightgown)...I think that's it. Can't think of anything else.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 11:27am
I am not bringing a diaper bag either. I am sticking the couple boy/girl newborn outfits, cute hats, mittens, and baby books in my bag. DH isn't spending the night so I am not packing him clothes but he did request snacks. So, I need to put some snacks in the bag for him too.

Pages