I really do <3 Summer!!

iVillage Member
I really do <3 Summer!!
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:29am

I love summer soooo much! I really don't even mind being pregnant during it (it's my second summer pregnancy) except when it's super hot and I swell, but I can even tolerate that over bitter cold.

I have all my windows open today and there is such a nice breeze. The kids have been outside with their friends for the past hour and I'm actually getting things done in between breaks so I don't get TOO swollen. Such a beautiful day and the weekend looks AMAZING, which is super exciting because we are having a huge cookout on the 4th up at my grandfather's camp and he just bought a new pontoon boat so the kids can't wait to take it out : )

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:34am

That's nice.. I like summer when i am on vacation, but i wouldn't pick it for pregnancy. I don't keep windows open often (don't have many (only one in living room and one small one in kitchen and they do nothing for my home). Its very hot where i live (congested homes on a tiny street and no breeze) plus if i kept windows open, my allergies would be horrible. I keep the A/C on. I am not doing much from now on (maybe go to movies this wkd), since i am cramping and having some contractions.. I liked having daughter in winter and then by Summer my baby was 5/6 months old..but to each is own :)) Glad you're in a good mood!

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:41am

I know, everyone thinks I'm nuts for preferring pregnancy in summer rather than winter (DS was born in March) but I've just never really been a winter person. If I wasn't so close with my family, I swear I'd pick up and move down south at the first oppurtunity!

Hope you're feeling a little better this weekend. If I remember correctly, you are due very soon so maby baby will be making her appearance in the next few days : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 11:03am

I am ok considering i am 39 weeks. I like the summer --but i know with a newborn i won't be "out" very much. I'll be trying to sleep!! by the time i'll be out it will be fall probably..by this coming winter, i have to start looking for a job so won't be too fun then. I don't like winter in that i don't like the cold and snow..but all the freaks in my neighborhood come out of the woodwork in summer..I can't stand my neighbors so that's a reason i like winter (they hibernate). hahahha I just think that when baby is 6 months old and you're getting more rest and its summer time..its so nice!!! IDK drs DON"T think i'll be going this week..maybe next week around due date but also they said i may be up to a week late..so who knows? my cervix is not effaced as of last appt but i am dliated..and i had a nasty painful contraction last night...

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 1:01pm

i think everyone who likes summer doesn't live where i live (in a hot congested dirty city).. I don't have a pool or access to any pool. That's why people in my neck of the woods head to the jersey shore for anything like that. I need to move one day. I have a small yard with no privacy (would like to get a privacy fence since i can't stand my newsy neighbors). The most you can fit is a baby pool (plastic kind).

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 4:22pm

I'm not much of a swimmer, but the kids enjoy going to my mom's pool. I'm just as content to watch them from a lounge chair. I really don't like being wet and getting water in my ears, so I have definitely been enjoying the fact that they can swim on their own (while I watch, of course) this summer. The kicker will be next year and the few years after that when I actually have to go in with the LO!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 5:15pm

I am with you. I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 5:47pm

I'm glad you're enjoying it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 8:23am

Yea, it's kind of funny because SO is a winter person and I'm a summer person...luckily, both of our kids seem to have inherited both sides because they love being outdoors no matter what temperature. That means that SO can deal with sledding, skating and all that frozen stuff in winter and I'm happy as can be to roast outside with them in summer. The only thing I hate is the bugs. Oh how I REALLY hate bugs!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 4:27pm
I love the summer too! For me, it hasn't been that bad being highly pregnant in the summer.

Each of my kids were/will be born in a different season. Ds was born in the fall, dd in the spring, and of course this one will be a summer baby. Maybe I should try for a winter baby...

I feel bad for Oliver though. When I was in Elementary school, I used to get sooo excited to bring cupcakes on my birthday and have everyone sing to me. Too bad he won't have that :(
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 7:52pm

That's okay Emily, my daughter is end of january and it's usually snowing so bad, schools are closed anyway and people can never get to any party we had for her

Pages