ICP and sudden induction - scared

iVillage Member
ICP and sudden induction - scared
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 11:01pm

so last week I briefly mentioned to my dr that my hands and feet itch like crazy...very uncontrollable.

Pages

iVillage Member
Sat, 07-09-2011 - 11:10pm
Scary but glad it was caught. You can still have an anti pain med birth being induced if that's what you want. I've done it twice my body just doesn't do labor on it's on.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 3:18am

Aww...I'm so sorry things are going this weay for you! I would imagine it would be scary for anyone, but especially as a first time mom. I'm praying things go well for you this week and please KUP when you can! (((HUGS)))

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 8:37am

Oh wow, that is scary, I'm so sorry.

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 12:30pm

Oh you poor thing, that's definitely scary!!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 7:17pm
Hi there, popping in from August, hoping to naturally go into labor so wondering what you ladies are up to. Anyhow, I just wanted to say that my friend just had this same issue with the itchy hands and feet. Apparently, it's normal to itch all over (PUPPPS, etc.), but itching on your the palms of your hands and soles of your feet can be an indicator of problems with the kidney or liver. My friend has this too and didn't think much of it. Googled a bit and mentioned it to her doc and I believe she ended up induced. I believe the birth was a little rough for both of them, but she did avoid a c-section. Anyhow, the baby is now 4 months and mom is doing wel, but I know that it was pretty serious to get her out asap.

Honestly, I find these boards are so anti-induction and anti-c-section, which is fine, because frankly I'd like to avoid this too. But I feel like in real life, I am surrounded by women who have had c-sectiosn and inductions for reasons that are not up to ivillage par.

Lisa, this is not an induction for frivolous reasons, this is absolutely a medical reason, and you will still experience the joy (?) of childbirth but it won't come naturally on your own. I would put your "plans" out of your head. You will quickly learn that you cannot plan for things when you have children. Your baby will be fine...tons of women around the world use pitocin sometime before, during or after birth and their babies are just fine. It may not be what you wanted in an ideal situation, but you it is the right thing under the circumstances.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 8:38pm

Hey Lisa!

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 8:59pm
I can't imagine how scared you must be... I am so glad you brought it up. I hope the induction goes well tomorrow, and you soon have your baby girl safe in your arms.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 9:06pm
That was me talking about anit-induction and anti-c-section. I didn't mean it as an offense to this particular EC or any others on here. I myself was and am somewhat anti-induction and anti-c-section sentiment as well. Of course, I think when push comes to shove, we will all do what we think is in the best interest of our children even if that means changing your birth plan to allow more medical intervention. I just meant to point out how funny it is that for me, personally, in my real life, I am surrounded by women who have had inductions and c-sections. In fact, I had about 3-4 women around me giving birth within these last few months and each and every one of them knew their exact due date bc they were c-sections. I am the only one who doesn't really know hwne my baby will be born. Anyhow, I just hate to see her disappointed that it didn't go to plan, because you know what this is just what happens in real life.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 9:09pm
Yea, re-reading my post, it did sound like an indictment on ivillage and perhaps this EC. My tone came across extra snippy, I suppose, maybe it's the pregnancy fatigue getting to me. Anyhow, I didn't mean it as a bad thing about this EC or ivillage in general.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-10-2011 - 9:37pm

Lilymommy: I thought you were referring to Ivillage - and I agree - I have had three births which I have considered "natural,"

Pages