Jenjoy74.....how was the shower?

iVillage Member
Jenjoy74.....how was the shower?
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 7:33pm

I know you were nervous about it. I hope it went well.

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 9:02am

Thanks for asking!! I had a really good time actually. We forgot about all the drama and really had fun. People said it was the best baby shower they'd ever been to lol. I got alot of things but of course received SO many newborn and 3 month baby girl outfits which most i can't exchange (no receipts). I didn't get everything i need but i received a good amount of gift cards. I still need a swing, exersaucer, another convertible car seat (my sister is getting me this), lots of bibs, bottles, breast feeding stuff, pacifiers, more crib sheets, etc. so i have some shopping still to do. I received 2 gifts that were on my registry with no gift receipt. Do you think BRU will let me exchange them for other things? I have some target items to return too (luckily i have the gift receipts for those). so i have of washing laundry to do haha..

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 11:32am
People LOVE to buy clothes, esp. girl clothes!!!! I remember everyone telling me not to bother w/ newborn sized things but to tell you the truth, I needed them. Tristen was not a small baby, not the hugest either -- 7 lbs 10 oz and 21.5" -- and I needed newborn clothes (and diapers) for one month and he wore every.last.item. I've purchased a bunch of newborn, 0-3 mos, and 3 mo clothes already b/c I know I'll need them. People really should get w/ the program and make sure to get gift receipts ;) Pretty much every single store gives them now, and it makes life so much easier for the recipient. If you've received stuff from BRU that's on your registry w/o gift receipts, yes...you can exchange them or I believe get merchandise credit. Put your gift cards to good use towards the more costly items you have left. Exersaucer you won't really use until around 4 months anyway so maybe hold off on that...but the swing was like a lifesaver for us (Tristen loved it! though many kids HATE it).

Please, you look GREAT!!! You don't look big at all, but that should make you happy :) And if you were told FOUR times that you're having a girl, well then I really wouldn't worry. We've only had one confirmation (20 wk big u/s) and it freaks me out, LOL!

I'm not having a shower this time. My parents gave us money they would've used to make a shower instead. I'm not sure what I'm going to do w/ it exactly yet. I know I'll need to buy some necessities before she arrives, but I also want to be smart and practical about it all. I'm sure we'll receive some gifts after she's born (when people visit and such) but there will definitely be things I need to spend money on in advance.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 1:50pm

I'm glad it went well. (Did the worrisome people not show or did it just go well after all - kind of hoping for the latter since it might be more optimistic!!)

River

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 2:00pm

Glad your shower went well, Jen!! Mine is this Saturday....just hoping I get over this bronchitis (new official diagnosis) in time to be be able to go. It's funny how everyone always wants to get the itty bitty baby clothes....you always wind up with 25 different 0-3 month outfits and then have to go shopping all over again, LOL. Oh well, guess it's the thought that counts!

Oh and I think I looked WAY better when I was pregnant with my DD than I do this time or for DS, so in my opinion, women having girls are adorable : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 3:31pm

Sorry River, the crazy people didn't come (they weren't invited any longer). Everyone had a ton of fun!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 3:33pm

Liz, hope you feel better too soon!! I looked totally different with my teen daughter at 21. I looked really bad (fat everywhere). Now i just have the belly. Another girl went to shower due 5 days before me and she's really big and having a girl but i think she's a big girl anyway. I have just been eating regular (not overeating or eating junk) with this pregnancy (funny because i can overeat more and eat more junk not pregnant). haha

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 5:21pm

a- well, it is much much much better that things were happy and fun than that they magically became sane! *smile*

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 9:43pm
That's good to hear. I am glad everyone was able to put those issues aside and enjoy the day!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 9:50pm

my brother's wife wasn't there (because we disinvited her etc.) and i am not in touch with at all. Yeah after all that, we had a good day (and I got the funds from DH family) and my mom contributed some $$ too so it was fine. Some no shows after RSVPing but it is what is. I always say be happy who's there and not who isn't.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 9:19am

Lilypie - Personal picture

Pages