Jenna still won't sleep in crib..

iVillage Member
Jenna still won't sleep in crib..
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 10:02am

So Jenna screams everytime i put her in crib (for naps lately). She won't sleep in it. She still loves the car seat...Any suggestions or do you think in time she will like the crib? My first child slept in the crib right from the start. Jenna doesn't like sleeping flat and she likes being upright when asleep. I guess i can try elevating crib at some point. I am not going to try for another month. At some point, she will outgrow the car seat (think it goes up to 23 lbs-she's almost 15 now i think). She is a unique baby for me.. Oh and she only takes 2 cat naps all day the most (20 min naps) and one is usually in swing (forced).

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 2:07pm
This is my 3rd baby and none have slept in the crib. My first actually did until teething started and then nursing and sleeping was just easier for me.

My little one now probably would sleep in it ok. She likes to lay in it, but she wakes more frequently than when she sleeps next to me ... and since I only get about 6 hours a night in which I CAN sleep, I like to get as much sleep as I can during that time.

Anyway, my oldest slept in the crib best when swaddled (Aiden and Anais - sp?) muslin blankets are lightweight and HUGE so even swaddling a 6 mos old baby is easily possible. My nieces both slept on a wedge in the crib (their mom is a pediatrician and felt the wedge was perfectly safe ... it has a seatbelt thing that keeps the baby positioned). Anyway, they both had reflux and screamed when laying flat.

So if you think it's an elevation thing, you might try a wedge or something. It might really help. They also have the little amby beds ... people in India have had these kinds of cradles for decades. But they've not ever been that popular in the states. Anyway, many babies apparently sleep really well in them.
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 5:29pm

Eve wouldn't sleep anywhere other than the carseat and laying on me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 6:57pm
COOLLL!!! I wonder if Faizan would use that??? My guess is NO. He loves to sleep by me, and if i can catch some zzz's then I am all for it.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 8:52pm

Jen (mom to Eve)..we absolutely LOVE the rock and play sleeper. Jack uses it all the time!! For awhile he liked the co-sleeper, but now he seems back to liking the rock and play and he also uses it for all his naps (I actually lug it back and forth to daycare because he loves it so much). I think I had actually even recommended it to Jen (Jenna's mom) awhile back and I'm so glad to see someone else likes it as much as I did.

I also wanted to chime in on the sleep wedge thing. We also used one for DD, who liked sleeping on an incline. I know there are some docs to are against them, but they really do work and if you get one with the straps you should be all set. Plus, it might be a cheaper alternative to the rock and play sleeper if you don't want to spend that much.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 10-20-2011 - 11:52pm

I just thought it was the neatest thing, but wasn't sure I wanted to spend more money on something she wasn't going to use, since the only thing she uses right now is the carseat.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 3:30pm

Jenna can't get out the car seat. its very deep. just wondering what the advantage is for her sleeping in this rock n play instead of car seat. She nevers tries to get out or anything and she can't--too far back and deep,

iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 6:10pm
We have the rock sleep and play thing Gracie loves sleeping in that thing.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-21-2011 - 8:53pm

I'm not sure what the advantage would be for you and Jenna, but for me it's less buckling than the carseat and she's still in there securely.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 10:07am

I don't buckle Jenna in the car seat when she's asleep. She's not much of a mover and when she sleeps she only moves her upper body plus she's right next to my bed. Plus i put a soft blanket and light blanket in the seat to make her less sweaty and more comfy and not feel all straps under her. Do you think it would be a better transition to crib than the car seat or does it not make a difference at some point?

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-22-2011 - 5:12pm
She may like her swing so much because she feels more "cuddled" and secure maybe, where the crib may feel open to her? Carsyn will sleep anywhere you set my little monster.
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Pages