Job News

iVillage Member
Job News
Thu, 04-14-2011 - 8:11pm

Had a very interesting discussion with my principal today. Turns out, I will have my job next year (as long as no huge issue arrises that they haven't planned for) but I will be moving from 2nd to 4th or 5th grade (which is in a diffferent building). I sort of have mixed emotions. On the one hand, I have always wanted to teach older kids and I think it will be exciting to start on a new curriculum. Not to mention that this school isn't built on a swamp like the one I'm in now, so I probalby won't have cat sized spiders running around!

On the other hand, it's one more thing I have to do before the baby comes. I'm already in the process of closing on a home and orchestrating THAT move. Now I get to pack up my room and move all of it to a new school. Not to mention leaving my friends and not being in the same building as my kids anymore.

So...it's a good thing, but I just have my worries. I'm sure it will all work out and all. It's just the actual getting there that has me worried!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 1:49pm
Congrats!!! I bet it'll be nice to get away from those gigantic spiders, lol.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 3:24pm

Congrats on the new job Liz!

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-15-2011 - 7:42pm

Yes, I am definitely excited about the lack of spiders in this building. It's just leaving the familiar, you know? But I am excited for a change of grade levels. I've been trying to stay positive with everything going on. The only thing that really stinks about it is moving my classroom on top of moving my house while pregnant, but what are you going to do?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 12:08am

Congatulations!

iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 12:22pm

5th grade is an awesome grade! It's been my favorite so far. Congratulations! It's good to hear you have a job. :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 04-16-2011 - 5:16pm

Yes, I'll be going back right away in September. I would have liked to take some time off, but saving enough money to cover bills just for two and a half months in the summer is hard enough. It will give me about 6 weeks at home and the longest I had ever had with either of my other two was 9 weeks with DD. It will be alright!

Photobucket