Just got back from ER

iVillage Member
Just got back from ER
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 4:02pm

And they finally gave me some antibiotic....a zpack...they said that ought to do it. Finally...so relieved to have something that will hopefully make me better.

Also, while I was there, my realtor called to tell me that I got the final approval on my mortgage!!! So excited...looks like I will be able to close next week. I am so excited : )

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 4:44pm

Awesome about the house closing!! and glad you got the drugs lol. That's what i took. It works. I also took "diflucan" after for the lovely yeast infection i usually get after antibiotics. :P

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 5:38pm

Good to know...I don't usually get yeast infections after antibiotics, but with the way this pregnancy has gone, I wouldn't be surprised!! I think I've gotten everything you can get : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 7:26pm
HOLLA-FREAKING-LUYAH!!!!!! :) now, i hope you feel much better by saturday :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 8:17pm

He said if I took the first two pills of the zpack tonight (which I did) then I should feel loads better even by tomorrow and I should be able to go back to work Thursday, which is a good thing because I've been told my students are being very zoo-ish. One more good day of rest ought to do it : )

Thanks for all your concern!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 9:28pm
Yay for your mortgage approval!! How exciting! :D I hope the antibiotics work so you can finally get some relief!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-17-2011 - 10:28pm

I'm glad you got an antibiotic finally.

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 12:24am
If you get yeast infections following antibiotic yeast, you may find it helpful to take probiotics while taking antibiotics (or you may decide to take them regularly). Antibiotics can lead to yeast infections because the antibiotic kills off our natural flora (in addition to the pathogenic bug). Our body's natural flora generally keeps yeast in check, but when our natural flora dies due to the antibiotic the yeast is allowed to flourish.

This will be very important to remember while nursing, as a yeast infection is likely to result in thrush (yeast in the nipples / milk ducts), which can be very uncomfortable and somewhat difficult to treat (most usually because it is generally under-treated).

Simply eating yogurt, which is a very good source of probiotics may be all you need to recolonize your gut and to help keep yeast in check. But you also can take probiotic supplements, which have a higher content of healthy probiotic bacteria.

This is important for everyone to know that may end up being given IV antibiotics for Group B Strep. Those IV antibiotics can lead to thrush and really cause quite a challenge for a newly nursing mom. But simply eating yogurt / taking probiotics (I'd start before delivery and continue after delivery for at least a week, unless you choose to make yogurt / probiotics a normal part of your life), can prevent thrush from taking root.

Good luck!
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 8:38am

Believe it or not I actually DO like my primary...or at least I did. This is the first time he's been ridiculous in the ten years I've been going to see him. I still haven't decided what to do. I mean, I could just brush it off as him being nervous about giving antibiotics to a pregnant woman and we'll see what happens at my physical in August...because he has always been so thorough and helpful with any questions I've ever had in the past. There are only a few other doctors I could go to in town and one of them is the woman I switched from to go to this primary, so I won't go to her. I don't know the other ones. We'll see, but thanks for all the advice!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 9:37am

Glad to hear that you finally got an answer about your bronchitis and some medicine.

Lilypie - Personal picture
iVillage Member
Wed, 05-18-2011 - 10:34am

Thanks!! Well i don't take antibiotics often thankfully (before this pregnancy i think it was a few years) but yes i know why you get yeast infections from them and i do eat yogurt but still tend to get a yeast thing after long courses of antibiotics. Thanks for the info though.

Pages