Just got my 1st rude comment...

iVillage Member
Just got my 1st rude comment...
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 11:43am
Until now, I have never received a rude comment from somebody about being pregnant. I am pregnant with my third, and gave 2 small children, so I guess it was just a matter if time before some idiot opened their mouth.

I was walking down our road with DS and DD. We saw a neighbor we hadn't seen since the fall, so I wasn't pregnant at that point. So he says hi to us, then looks
at my obviously huge belly, and says with his eyes wide,"Not again!"

I just looked at him and said,"yes, again". But inside I wanted to punch him. It wasn't brought up again during the conversation.

He could have said "congrats" or "when are you due " or even NOTHING at all would have been better. Sheesh. How rude. He isn't the sharpest tool in the shed, and now I know he lacks social skills on top of that. Ugh.

I know women have heard worse, but that was a first for me and it pi$$ed me off!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 11:45am
Sorry for the typos. I am on my phone and it wont let me edit. Plus my fat preggo fingers are making it harder to type on such small buttons. Lol
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 1:13pm

What a dumb@ss!!! Jeez 3 kids isn't that crazy anyway.. Tell him to kiss your @ss lol

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 2:05pm

I'm sorry he said that!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 2:18pm
River, OMG. What an asinine comment from your ex-minister! We should have a thread dedicated to rude comments said to us while pregnant; I am sure it would be one entertaining thread!

LMAO about the quints comment! I should have said that!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 3:59pm

What a jerk. You should get DH to egg his house tonight....lmao!!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 4:48pm

Ugh. People are so lame! The worst I've gotten so far has been "Are you NUTS?". Really? Like you honestly think that's an appropriate thing to say to someone?

People really need to practice the whole "think before you speak" rule. Sorry he was a jerk : (

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 8:08pm
Nice neighbor!
I think you are lucky you've never received one before.
I received a whole host with DD from my coworkers. It was horrendous.
By the end I was just telling ppl they were rude & shouldnt make comments like that!
I went out over weekend & my neighbors said nothing. I thought that was pretty weird, granted they were guys but I'll take nothing over your comment!
*mindy*
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-05-2011 - 10:41pm
On my son's board, they're talking about annoying comments people give after miscarriages.

If only people would take "think before you talk" to heart.

That I can think of, I've never had a rude comment. This might be my last pregnancy, so maybe I'll get through all my pregnancies scotch free!
 BabyFetus Ticker