Just a Rant-- Worrying about finding a New job after baby is here

iVillage Member
Just a Rant-- Worrying about finding a New job after baby is here
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 3:31pm

just started really worrying that i will have to put the baby in daycare when i am "looking" for a new job and who knows how long that will take. I wanted to stay with baby as long as possible but with my money situation how it is, i don't think i will be able to do that as long as i had thought. I am sure all of you ladies are feeling the same thing about leaving baby to work etc. I know daycare is about $230 week for infants so to pay almost $1k a month while looking for a job is scary. I may wind taking anything just to make some money at least temporarily. Oh well, i guess i will do what i have to. Any other moms thinking about this already??

iVillage Member

Not so much worried about finding a new job as I am sticking it out at this one as long as I can cause every penny helps....I was thinking this morning about when would be a good time to quit because I would like to be home for the last few weeks before my due date to relax and clean as much as I can before Carsyn gets here

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member

i worked with first pregnancy until 37 weeks (in Jan 96). Right after i stopped working, we had like 3 ft of snow so it was good i did lol... If you can manage to physically keep working --i would say 2 wks before due date is nice to stop working. I had my DD15 right on her due date so you may be earlier or later.

iVillage Member

Luckily, I found out last week that my job is secure for next year. I have to change grade levels, but I have a job! I'm so thankful because I was really worried about having to find a new one. Teaching jobs are not very plentiful in our area right now AND I carry the insurance for the kids and I so it wouldn't have just been the loss of income.

Photobucket