Late pregnancy short trip ?

iVillage Member
Late pregnancy short trip ?
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 1:58pm

I am thinking of going to the Jersey shore with DH, DD15 and a friend of hers memorial day wkd. I won't be driving or anything but i will be 35 weeeks by then. Do you think this is a bad idea or do you think i'll enjoy being lazy at the pool and walking the boardwalk...I wish i could take a beach trip now but its not warm where i am and my DD doesn't have off any days from school except Easter wkd and mem. wkd. I had the idea because baby will be here and then we won't be able to do anything like going to the shore during this Summer.

What do you ladies think? Anyone planning a trip when you're close to delivery? I am starting to feel big now and getting somewhat uncomfortable already.

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 2:09pm

I don't think it would be a problem unless it's a big change in elevation. When I was pregnant with my first I lived in a small town that is about 2 hours from Phoenix. The thing about Arizona is that you could drive an hour and the elevation will change several 1000 ft. I asked my doc if it would be a good idea to drive to Phoenix for my sister in law's basketball game. She told me that the change in elevation could possibly set me into labor. We went anyway and the elevation change sure did set me into labor! We got to the game and my contractions were 4 minutes apart so we had to turn around and drive back home to the hospital! Driving 2 hours in labor really sucks! LOL. But everything turned out ok. I was 39 weeks. I would ask your doctor and see what she thinks. But that sounds like a great vacation before baby! :)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 3:12pm

Thanks Candi!! its an hour and half away although that wkd it may take 3 hours

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 3:20pm

There is an annual gathering in June that I absolutely love... and I keep telling myself....nonononono, but then I think

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 4:09pm

Granted I'm due a little later in the month than you, but I am heading up to Maine for Memorial Day weekend with my parents and the kids. I'm excited to get to go to the beach at least once..since I'm sure we won't really be able to head up there again either before or after baby comes. It takes us about 2 1/2 hours to get there and my mom already promised we'd stop as much as I need to if I'm uncomfortable. However, we did the Maine thing when I was about a month from having DD and I was fine so I'm sure it will be ok this time around. Plus, last time I was also chasing around a 16 month old. At least this time around my children are a little more independent ; )

I say, go for it and have a great time!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-27-2011 - 5:06pm
i say go for it! you should be fine. if you have any doubts or questions, speak w/ your dr. but i think you'll be good & enjoy!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 8:04am
I am due end July/beginning of Aug andat the beginning of June we are making a 4 hour trip to OH to see DH's family- it should be interesting and probably uncomfortable but I dont see why not.
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 5:20pm
I would definitely go if I were you! It sounds like a great relaxing getaway before the baby arrives! I say ENJOY!
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 7:59pm

that's what i am thinking Shell :) Thanks!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-29-2011 - 10:48pm
I'm with everyone else! I say go for it!

When I was 36 weeks pregnant with ds, dh's cousin died in Iraq. The funeral was going to be in Georgia (I live in Missouri). My doctors advice was that it was up to me whether I wanted to go, but if I went, take my medical records with me and take lots of breaks during the car ride. I ended up deciding to stay home, but I've often thought since then that I wish I had gone anyways.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-30-2011 - 2:27pm

I am planning a trip

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers