Made a "Bucket List" with the kids LOL

iVillage Member
Made a "Bucket List" with the kids LOL
Tue, 07-05-2011 - 11:33am

Ok, so it's not really a bucket list...just a list of things they want to do before the baby gets here. It's pretty good, too. Nothing that's really going to cost a fortune and only one thing that involves a lot of strenuous activity on my part (they want to go to our favorite hiking spot...oh boy!). Today, we're going to see Cars 2 because it's $5 movie day at the mall...much better than paying $10 a kid : )

Now I just need to find time to schedule the rest of their requests. Anything you'd like to do before baby arrives??

Photobucket
iVillage Member
What a great idea!

I got a pedicure last week and my hair cut. Those were things that I wanted to get done for me before the baby came.

The kids made a list of things they want to do this summer and we have been working on that list. My in-laws come next week, so if the baby is here or not, they will help entertain the kids. Most of the things on the list are games or activities they like to do. A few things are miniature golfing and seeing Car 2 but we are waiting for my in-laws for those.
iVillage Member

Cars 2 was pretty good, I have to say. It started off slow but had lots of action at the end. I have to head to the library tomorrow to get some day passes for the science museum because I'm going to have to be VERY frugal if we are going to get everything done. Luckily, the kids got gift cards to Chuck E Cheese for Easter and that was one thing they wanted to do. If I can get the museum passes, the only thing I'll have to pay for is the zoo because the rest of the things they want to do are free...gotta love that!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

That's a neat idea.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

That's funny...of course, the grandparents ARE always the most exciting : )

Yesterday, my DD demanded that her baby brother get here RIGHT. NOW. Sorry, kiddo....if only it were that easy!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
My oldest son (7) is at camp this week. I told him he might have a new brother or sister when he got home from camp and he said he wanted me to wait until he got home to have the baby because he didn't want to miss out on the sleep over at his friends house. We dropped the kids off at one of their friends house when I had DD2 and plan on doing the same this time. The boys thought it was the coolest thing ever to have a sleep over at their friends' house. We dropped them off at 2:00 in the morning so it was very exciting for them.
iVillage Member

Yep, my daughter is wanting her sister here right now, too, and has been saying that for a while.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
enicholas2004 wrote:

Yesterday, my DD demanded that her baby brother get here RIGHT. NOW. Sorry, kiddo....if only it were that easy!

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
For myself, a day without any kids around would be nice...

I've been really wanting to take the kids to the swim park before Oliver gets here. Once he's born, I'm probably not going to be taking him outside a whole lot. It get waaayyyy too hot and humid around here.

Now that you guys have mentioned it, a movie would be fun to see. I'll have to take them to one soon.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

Considering my DS has a friend over today, I would LOVE

Photobucket