NE1 given birth in summer before?

iVillage Member
NE1 given birth in summer before?
Sat, 04-09-2011 - 5:38pm

I would have always preferred to have my kids in the spring or fall.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 8:46am

I've delivered in both winter and summer and I LOVED being so far along in my pregnancy during the summer for these reasons:

1) Maternity clothes for summer are so much cuter than the giant sweaters that make you look a hundred times bigger in winter ; )

2) I found I did have more energy and enjoyed being outdoors with my little one (he was 17 months old when DD was born)

3) I've always had a much easier time cooling off than warming up. Park me in front of an AC with something cold to drink and I'm happy as a clam...I hate being cold, though.

4) The biggest reason I loved it so much more was that once the baby came, we didn't necessarily have to be cooped up indoors. Even though I couldn't drive for a little while (due to CS) I could sit outside or even have my sister or someone drive us around. When I delivered DS in the beginning of March, it was still too cold to enjoy the outdoors with him. The most excitement I got was grabbing a coffee and going for a long drive. At least in the summer, you can get fresh air : )

I'm super excited to be delivering in the summer again. And I'm SUPER excited about having the baby in July. This way, I'm getting at least 4 maybe even 5 weeks home with my kids before the baby comes and then a good 6 or 7 weeks home with all three of them before going back to work. Of course, I'd like that part to be longer, but I'm not going to be picky!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 10:00am

Well, Ive never given birth in the summer before, but I'm imagining being pregnant in the summer will be miserable. I live in a suburb of Phoenix Az, so we get 115 degree heat in July and August. Thank goodnes for air conditioning!! But, I love summer so much more that winter, I can't complain too much!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 10:43am

Had my DD15 end of January and was big during holidays etc..I stayed in alot last 3 weeks but i didn't mind being so big and uncomfy.

I would like having baby in early summer like i am IF i wasn't having such bad low back pain. I want to do things now that the weather is getting nicer and i feel like i won't be able to enjoy much because of the pain. i think i would be most happy to be big and pregnant and uncomfortable in the early spring (like having a baby right now). But if i didn't have the pain, i'd probably be ok with summer. I am hotter and sweatier than normal though which isnt much fun either.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 12:51pm

I've been obsessing with the things that I cannot participate in - 12 hour trips that I would take for a 50th Anniversary for instance... and so I am glad to hear some positives!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-10-2011 - 9:27pm
I'm really glad you posted this, because I have never been due during the summer either. I was worried about feeling huge and really hot, but the responses are making me feel pretty good about it now though! My other 2 children are January and April babies, so I am looking forward to being able to be able to be outside more after this one.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 9:07am

I've had my kiddos in early Aug., Sept., Oct. and Jan.... (the only season I have missed is Spring)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 3:20pm

My son was born early September so I spent summer of 2009 very pregnant.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 6:54pm
My son is a June baby (the 19th). It was definitely hot and uncomfortable, but I honestly think for me it would've been uncomfortable no matter what. The heat was made worse by the fact that my building doesn't turn on the a/c until May 15th and that year (2008) they were having issues w/ the system so it went on even later. I remember going to the stores for hours just to hang out in the a/c. I also spent time at the pool which was really nice. I love having warm-weather babies because I just couldn't ever be stuck in the house. Those times where we had to take Tristen outside for walks at 1:30-2:30am as the only way to calm him down would've been impossible if it weren't summer.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers