New Clothes for YOURSELF? When was the last time...

iVillage Member
New Clothes for YOURSELF? When was the last time...
Thu, 12-29-2011 - 1:30pm

Outside maternity clothes /items when was your last purchase for yourself?

Ok I cleaned out my closet and put all my clothes that are to tight away. And I am left with 2 pairs of pants i can wear in public, a few tops and crap load of in the house clothes (yoga pants, t-shirts not meant for public viewing LOL).

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

Oh, I feel the same way!! My mom gave me some of her clothes that no longer fit her (she has gained some weight recently) and it just so happened there were two pairs of jeans that I could fit into..if not for that I would have 2 yoga pants and 1 pair of maternity that I still wear..

Don't feel bad, every time I get a gift card of money for my b-day or any occasion I typically will spend it all on the kids.. I like to say it's because their clothes are so much cuter and funner to buy for, but I'm not so sure that's the whole truth.. I feel the same way you do with the guilt trip issue and I could say that it's just part of being a mom, but I don't think that's completely true either.

What's bad is that now my kids have figured out that I get guilt trips over these things and will work it to their advantage (complaining if I get a "special" coffee drink while were out and if my dh buys me any kind of treat, like a special snack or chocolate, I have to hide it or go to great lengths to sneak it..or share it)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-30-2011 - 10:21am
Lastnight I had a deep heart to heart with DH. Before I started abt how I was feeling, I reminded him of how much I appreciate all he does, how much he works, all the sacrafices he makes for us, everything and that we are working to pay off our house.......etc.

THen I started to tell him that I have been crying all day, i feel just blue, overwhelmed, unappriciated, just all over depressed. I feel so isolated from the world. I never go anywhere, I just dont make time to excerscise or anything like that.

I just expressed that I just need to get out more, we need to have friends over or accecpt invites from other ppl and do something other than sit like trolls in a cave............. i really need other human adult contact for as sad as tht sounds.

I asked if in March we can take a 10 day vacation during the kids spring break. He said it is my choice where I want to go. We have friends in California we can visit and stay with, or we can go to NY, FL, or where ever it's my choice :) But he alse agrees that we need a vacation..........he deff. needs one!!!

But I just cried and cried............i just feel so blah.
I told him cleaning out the closet just made me realize just how lazy I am and that my over active sweet tooth is killing me LOL.

I jst hope I can shake this funk off soon.

And for special treats...........I hear ya there!!!! I will buy something sweet and hide it just for me , but if i eat it i get this feeling of guilt and lay it out for everyone LOL............that is just me

*SIGH**

Well Herbergers is having their free make up applications and samples of everything they use on you for Free, I may jst go plop my self at the Lancome counter and get my make up done and new skin care regime...they give it to you as "Try it Before you Buy it"type deal.

Does going there make me seem like I just want something for free? I can go to Liv Aveda and pay $20 to have it done too..........I just need it , i need to feel some what alive,
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

was just thinking the same thing the other day...Can't figure out what my style is anymore or if i care..Plus i hate to spend any money on myself and DH doesn't buy much clothes for himself either besides shoes as they wear out.

iVillage Member

its freezing now where i am (Phila, PA) and i was loving the warm winter weather. I don't want snow. I live in the city and its NOT EASY getting around when it snows esp with an infant so SNOW STAY AWAY!!