Pediatrician Visits- Do You Feel Rushed?

iVillage Member
Pediatrician Visits- Do You Feel Rushed?
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 10:09am

How long did the pediatrician spend with your child at their last check-up?

For a third of children, the answer is 10 minutes or less, according to a new study.
Researchers at the University of California surveyed 2,000 families with kids aged 4 months to 2 years, and asked about their typical pediatrician's visit. The good news is, most parents reported being satisfied with their kids' care. But experts worry that these quickie visits could be hazardous to children's health, especially down the road.

Hey doc, what's the rush? Ten-minute children's checkups worry experts- http://moms.today.com/_news/2011/09/19/7839032-hey-doc-whats-the-rush-ten-minute-childrens-checkups-...

How long does your pediatrician spend in the room with you and your child during a routine visit?

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-20-2011 - 12:52pm
We have an AWESOME ped. She spent almost half a hour with me and faizan at his 2 month check up. she is so patient and does not make you feel rushed. She takes time with you., she will answer your questions in detail and take a double look at something for you if you are unsure.

I would not trade her for anything or anyone esle.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 11:21am

i have mixed opinion on this.

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 9:00pm
Ours spent about an hour last time, but the seem to push push push medication which I'm not always a fan of for small things.
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers