Rant--sleeping has become a big problem :(

iVillage Member
Rant--sleeping has become a big problem :(
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 10:25am

l have sleep issues not pregnant but its worse now. I pee constantly as i said before (drs say baby is just low). Now that belly gets heavier and heavier, i feel like i could pee every 20 minutes laying down. Most of the night i sleep horrible in between being too awake, peeing a ton, being uncomfortable, temperature issues (too hot), the night sweats i get (gross!) and baby vigorously moving when i am trying to sleep.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 12:50pm
I hope your naps can make up for the lack of sleep during the night. Has the doctor offered any advice on the peeing issues?

For me, sleeping on our bed has really started hurting my back. It wasn't this way for DS's pregnancy, but it is now. We also have the super nice Tempurpedic mattress which I love otherwise. But for some reason right now it is just not working. Every night when I get up to pee at about midnight I move to our living room couch. I sleep so much better there! Plus it is cooler in that room (in our room it is DH, me, two big dogs on their bed on the floor, plus we keep the door closed so cats don't come in at night, so it gets warm in there). DH feels so bad that I am sleeping on the couch! It is kind of funny.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 2:01pm

Drs say 'you're pregnant, that's how it is, sounds normal to them every 1.5-2 hours"..and to not drink late --i stop drinking by 6pm and i am still up all night peeing. its more the weight of my belly pressing on my bladder and feeling like i am going to pee myself at times...not much pee but the constant urge is there...and then if i can't sleep, its a cycle of up and down, etc. until its 3am and maybe i'll fall asleep by then. The other night i was up all night until 6am but slept like 3 hours later. I didn't sleep much in the 3rd trimester with my first daughter either. I guess this is just me pregnant.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 8:30pm

Sorry you're having so much trouble sleeping.

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-19-2011 - 9:42pm
OMG I could have written your post! Sleeping (or should I say trying to) has been terrible lately. I am peeing all. The. Time. I wake up sweltering hot and need to peel off the covers. My bags under my eyes have gotten bigger. What really makes me want to cry is this is the last few months of halfway decent sleep until the baby comes!!! It's going to get WORSE! :(
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 12:21pm

Shell, at least we know we are not alone right...i am sleeping in the morning whenever i can. i know you don't have that luxury having small children. Yeah i remember never being to sleep with first preg but i was 21 then so i could deal a little better. I have a cold now so i stayed in bed until just now sleeping here and there after DH left work. Funny thing i didn't have to pee so much last night since i have a cold??? ironic. Well i hope you get some relief. Can your DH keep them a few hours in the mornings on wkds so maybe you can nap. I take benadryl here and there when i can't fall asleep too. I know its not going to get better even DH is exhausted from me getting up and down and tossing and turning. I told him after baby if he still is exhausted, maybe he should sleep on sectional a few nights a week to get sleep for work..

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 12:23pm
I'm so sorry you ladies are having such a miserable sleeping situation :( I cannot imagine having to get up to pee that often! I maybe wake up 1x a night to pee, sometimes not at all. But sleep in general isn't so great; not as restful as I'd like and disturbed sleep for me isn't good (between my son who usually gets up 1-2 x's and just having to change positions). I try to stay sleeping on the left side all night but that's not always practical. To change over to the right side is annoying -- having to get up and change over, not being able to just roll over easily. We sleep with our A/C on but I still get hot and wind up taking off the covers at some point.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 12:59pm

I need your bladder ALicia!! haha you had a c-section last time. I wonder if all the pushing for hours i did made my bladder even lower or my muscles down there lazy. My mom thinks so but who knows. I peed every night with that pregnancy too --just not too bad until the 3rd trimester but it was frequent then and i was only 21. After i had my DD15

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 7:41pm
c-sections def. don't create a lot of the issues vaginal deliveries do...maybe to a small extent but not major (for example, i can't hold my pee like i used to, haha!). you should def. do kegels...i did a lot of them last time. pregnancy causes some really "wonderful" changes to the body, huh?! :(
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers