Stressing majorly over childcare while I'm in the hospital!!

iVillage Member
Stressing majorly over childcare while I'm in the hospital!!
Sat, 07-02-2011 - 7:49am

Ok, I feel bad since it seems like all I do is complain lately, but I am having a major WTF moment this morning!!!! And I apologize for being so bitter.

I will be in the hospital from Wednesday to Sunday. Obviously Saturday and Sunday aren't a big deal...it's the first three days that are stressing me. See, SO will have Wednesday off to be with me in the hospital but he needs to work Thursday and Friday in order to have vacation time when I go back to work at the end of August. Now, everyone has known the date of my CS since I scheduled it and I had called SO's sister to make sure that wasn't the week she wasn't going to Maine and she said it wasn't...she'd be home.

Photobucket
iVillage Member

I was totally panicking over childcare myself a couple weeks ago... all I had was my dad and it can be overwhelming for him.

iVillage Member

Well, I talked to my mom and she also suggested talking to some of my kids' friends' parents. I don't really LOVE doing that because I feel awkward, but they will need to go somewhere so I better start getting something in order.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
go to harry potter.....you already made plans with your gma....just send you so with the kids.
a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member
If it were me, I would go to see Harry Potter with my grandma. I'm a big HP fan as well. This is the last movie and going with your gma is a tradition.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

That's what I'm going to do. Even my SO said it was silly to break plans I've already made just because his sister feels the need to have her son's b-day 7 months late. He's really not thrilled with the plans either, seeing as how this is his REALLY busy season at work and he'll most likely have to work about 12 hours that day and then have to go to the party.

Photobucket