Sweet Tooth+No Exercise=DISASTER :( (serious whining here)

iVillage Member
Sweet Tooth+No Exercise=DISASTER :( (serious whining here)
Mon, 09-19-2011 - 10:12am

Ok I know Jen and I both posted abt being starved and having a MASSIVE sweet tooth.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

I am sooo in the same boat here.. I dropped all the weight from the pregnancy within the first 2-3 weeks and was feeling so great. But now the weight is coming back on and I am going nuts trying to figure out how to get some exercising started, mostly because our neighborhood is not walking friendly (stray dogs, no sidewalks..etc..)

Though I am going on a dairy and gluten free diet, I am slowly easing into it, because of Abbie's tummy trouble.. I know it's gonna be hard but hopefully it will help both her and me!

I hope the weight watchers helps, and makes you start to feel better with just the diet, since the weather will soon be non-outside exercise friendly (for some of us)

::hugs:: hang in there

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thanks Jen :)

When winter hits here you cannot go outside and take a walk 99% of the time. We get heaps of snow. Last winter we had almost 90" of snow, and at one point we had 62" of snow on the ground by Early Jan.
Wind chills and temps get down to -40 or colder too.
I am going to buy a work out CD for the Xbox. I am not sure what I want yet Zumba or THe Biggest Looser work outs, they both work with the KInect.

Right now I want the fresh fall air, sunshine and stuff. It feels so nice t be outside. But with Faizan so tempermental it is almost impossible. :(
Yesterday I told DH i am going for a walk and left, i just needed it. Faizan fell asleep so all was good. But I cant do that every day, he has to work until 6-7pm and by then its dinner time, finish up home work ect.
I can jump rope for 10 mins in the garage too.......... 10 mins of jump roping = running a mile in 3 mins. I guess wht really bums me out is that the Marathon and 10K run are next month and I ran the 10K last year (even over weight and fat girls can RUN too LOL) and I felt like a million bucks.............but I cant this year. So next year I am going to again. But it is the from now until next spring that is going to drive me crazy :(

Sorry I dont mean to whine or cry but I am just depressed as all get go abt this :(

And I hope that your glueten free and dairy free diet does help the both of you. It cannot be fun for either one...........tummy troubles are so hard to deal with :(
Try Mothers Milk tea..............it has herbs that naturally reduce gas and irritants in your diet . I have it and it works WONDERS ;)

**HUGS***
iVillage Member

lol..I know what you mean about the diet and I will try the tea, It sounds like it's worth a try. I do wii fit sometimes. I have heard that the biggest loser is a tough work out...I'd love to try it but our xbox had the red ring come around in June :(

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I agree 9on and 9 off. I am looking at the Your Shape for the Kinect. How old is your Xbox andhow many red rings showed up (1,2 or 3??) I work for Xbox and if some of the Red Ring issues can still be covered under a 3 year warranty. ;)

ANd I hear you on the no sun issue, it is sunny here today. it will be most of the week.............. but it is just a matter of time until the SAD sets in and then life sucks.

I cant even go to the mall for a walk , faizan is just not content period. maybe in a month or so i can try.............. geez I sound pathetic, desperatly trying to get outside or to the stupid mall.

As for the Run I ran only the 10K. That was last Oct. I found out 2nd week of Nov that I was pregnant...............6 weeks along!!! SO I ran the 10K while preggers :D
But next year I will be running it again. Anywho I have a crap load of laundry staring at me like it's suppose to get the royal treatment or something.

**HUGS** We can be miserable together :D
iVillage Member

Giant hugs! I was going to say get a sling and get out... but then I read your note about the sling... but you know, I still say, Get a sling! I don't mean to disrespect your dh, but darnit... your sanity is worth something! and I will bet that you are nursing and holding him anyway... (so technically you are lessening the attention - just freeing your arms).

Anyway, I will add my voice to those feeling a little down about weight.

iVillage Member
I agree abt the carrier. I just as well get one. I do squats with him. BUT (now I am going to groan like an old lady) my back and knee hurts like HELL.

My back is just killing me. It is how isleep at night, my knee hurts and i have no idea why, it pops when I walk. I have had knee issues since i was in 2nd grade so no surprise there.
My right arm and shoulder HURT like hell.

My hips need to be popped and put back into place LOL............. I sound like i am falling apart........quick duct tape STAT!

On the bright side I did go for a 45 min walk today........with faizan (he was asleep). So it is just hit or miss :(
iVillage Member

It's funny.

iVillage Member

I'm sorry you're feeling that way.

Photobucket