Took matters into my own hands

iVillage Member
Took matters into my own hands
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 11:12am

So last night I asked SO to call his mom and ask about the crib that she told us she'd buy and he didn't have any luck. He left a message and she hasn't called back, yet. So I got a little courage and decided to email her myself this morning. Although, if I had any courage at all I would have called her myself but oh well. I sent her a very polite email saying I know how busy we've all been, so that I thought I'd make things a little easier by emailing her a picture of the crib and changing table/dresser that I liked. That way, she could maybe just order it and we won't all have to try and coordinate a shopping date. I wasn't sure of her price range, so I also told her that if what I picked out was a little more than she had in mind I could certainly find something else.

Hopefully, she isn't offended at this. I realize emailing her might have been a tad tacky, but at least at this rate she has an idea of what I wanted and even if she did't want to get that particular one, we could find something in the same style.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 12:02pm

Good for you!

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 3:44pm
I don't think she should be offended and also don't think the email is tacky at all. Have you heard back?
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 4:43pm

I did...she said she thinks it looks nice and wanted to know how I wanted to handle the ordering??? Um...I sort of thought she'd just order it, so I'm going to have to ask about that. Hopefully, we can get that straightened out tonight because I was off in my weekly count...I thought I was 34 weeks and had 5 weeks until my CS when in reality I am 35 weeks and only have four weeks, which seems a whole lot closer than five weeks!!! Oh boy..time to get things ready!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 4:43pm
I think you took a good approach to the matter. Don't see why she should get offended by it at all. Good luck! :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 12:09am
I don't think that was tacky at all. If she did get offended by it, then she is pretty sensitive.

What a relief that the ball is starting to roll now. Hopefully she doesn't push it off any more.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 8:47am

Right now, we are going back and forth about how to order it. I think at first she wanted me to order it and then she'd pay me back, but I just don't have that kind of money to spend right now and then have to wait for her to pay me back, so I asked her to order it. Then she sent me an email asking for our new address (since she hasn't come to see our new house yet) and THEN another one asking me for the "Details", which confused me because I didn't know what kind of details she meant. I mean, the thing is listed right on the link she sent with the price and you just go to babiesrus and order it. So, hopefully, she orders it today. It takes up to 8 weeks for delivery, so it really needs to get ordered like right now...LOL.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 9:00am
YAY New Crib and stuff is going to be coming to you BONUS!!
I hope she orders it today for you so you can have it set up and ready by the time your wee one gets here!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 11:34am

That's great that it worked out!

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 2:07pm

Yea, she seemed ok with the email and I don't THINK she's uncomfortable with ordering online since she is always so excited to order the kids' Christmas gifts from Amazon and always tells me how much cheaper it is than the stores (I'm a weirdo who actually enjoys going to the actual stores during the holiday season...I think Black Friday is my favorite day of the year). ANYWAY, I just got back from Babies R Us to make some returns from my shower and I noticed that if you order baby furniture in the store, they guarantee it in 7-14 days if you go pick it up yourself, so I'm going to see if she wants to go that route rather than wait the 8 weeks for delivery.

I am very excited that she agreed to the one I picked out. It's the exact same color as my bedroom furniture and I thought it would be nice to match since the baby will be in with us until we decide whether he's going to share with my older DS or if we are going to put a wall up to make a 4th bedroom.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 1:43pm
7-14 days is definitely a lot better than 8 weeks.

She's really make this a lot more difficult that it should be, especially since she already knows how to order things online. On the bright side, at least she is answering your e-mails right away instead of hemming and hawing about it.
 BabyFetus Ticker