Trying to "nest" but i hurt myself cleaning :(

iVillage Member
Trying to "nest" but i hurt myself cleaning :(
Thu, 06-16-2011 - 7:48am

I am feeling so urgent in getting things done now (3 wks from EDD). I was hard core cleaning my kitchen tuesday and i hurt myself (neck and back and knee) from reaching all over (cleaned cabinets really well). I want to do the things now that i hardly do (cleaning blinds, inside the fridge, my bedroom) etc etc It's getting SO hard to do this stuff.. I should have did this a month ago but i was shopping/ and returning things like crazy after shower. I did wash everything last week (that was exhausting) and put it all away. I am packing hosp bag as much as i can right now (some things are not washed yet). Just wish my body didn't let me down with cleaning/organizing. I wish my daughter helped me at all. She does one thing a week (vacuuming a room size rug and upstairs berber hallway and her room -takes 5 min!). Starting in July, she will have to do her "own" laundry because i am not her personal slave anymore. Sad she's done the least now that i am pregnant (and not working out of the home).

iVillage Member
i'm sorry you hurt yourself :( be careful, mama...don't want anything crazy to happen! i'm not the type who's into cleaning or anything (not that our place is a dirt-hole, but you know)...i just hate doing it and can't get a single thing done w/ tristen home. but i know it has to be done. i have to be very careful not to do too much or overwork my body (have had probs. in the past) so fortunately my husband is really amazing with helping to clean. maybe you can ask your hubby (or even your sister...or another family member or friend) to help you do some cleaning? or can you hire a cleaning person to come one time and do a major job? things will get done...and if not every single thing is done or cleaned before jenna arrives, well...that's ok! just take it easy!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member

Thanks Alicia! I am doing little by little and taking my time now. DH does do dishes and stuff but i really feel like going all out and throwing out stuff and organizing stuff. My sister works all the time (she hires a cleaning person). I don't want to ask anyone to help. My house isn't big at all but i have hardwood floors etc. I'll get it all done. If was working right now, nothing would get done ( i guess i would hire a cleaning person). I don't want to spend the money on a cleaning co. because i am home and we just found out more money has to go out of DH's check for health ins.. plus i have to pay $150

iVillage Member

Oh no!

iVillage Member

I'm sorry you hurt yourself - hope you have a speedy recovery!

Re: daughter... I have to say I am glad I don't have teens yet... but do you provide her with any other services other than laundry? (ie meals, transportation, access to a computer, etc)? School is out, so it is not like she needs the computer for schoolwork... I'm evil I know and the last time I had to deal with a teen was as a much

iVillage Member

PS: I also know how easy it is to think about being evil when I don't currently have a teen!

iVillage Member

Sorry you hurt yourself!

iVillage Member

THanks ladies!!:) My daughter will vacuum upstairs and the steps tonight.

iVillage Member

I'm sorry you hurt yourself.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sorry you hurt yourself. It's a little annoying that we get these huge nesting urges usually towards the end of the pregnancy when we're HUGE and more prone to injury. I hope you feel better soon, and take it easy!!!!

I hope your DD starts helping more too.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
River...I'm w/ you 110%! I would totally take away or disallow certain things that are not necessities...more like privileges or rights you earn being a child. There's no law saying you must have access to internet, cell phone, etc. or your parent has to go out of their way to do things for you. I think at 15 years old, you can definitely be a contributing member of a family (hell, you can work legally!) and just because the nature of most teens are to be self-involved, doesn't mean there's no hope for them to realize they're needed to do a little extra at times...just because.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers