What will you pack for your hospital bag???

iVillage Member
What will you pack for your hospital bag???
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 4:26pm

i don't have a clue what to pack as its been a while. What is everyone going to pack and when will you do this?

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 4:50pm
Well this is going to be a repeat c-section for me and after learning from the first one, here is my list that I am planning on packing.

Underwear-4 to 5 pairs(you never know)
Pads(the ones the hospital has are really bulky)
Toothbrush and toothpaste
Hairbrush
Shampoo and conditioner(in smaller travel sizes)
Sleeper socks or slippers
Either a robe or a big comfy nightgown
My own pillow
Dh is bringing our laptop and movies
Books/magazines
Ipod
Snacks(mainly for DH but for me too when I can eat solid food)
Camera
Clothes for Aaron and myself for when we do go home

I am probably forgetting something but that is what I have so far.

Alicia
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 5:03pm

I was just wondering the same thing today.....My SIL is also pregnant and due in October and I was thinking about setting her up a diaper bag for her baby shower, which got me thinking about what I need to pack in my hospital bag haha =P

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 5:23pm

laptop and movies?? really? hahaha i don't even know what you can bring to hospitals these days. I don't think i'll bring a laptop though or movies and guess what i DON"T own an ipod nor does DH. My DD15 does. I liked walkman's when i was in college but i don't like gadgets. I'll bring my cell and charger. hahaha. I think i'll be busy and tired with visitors and

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 5:58pm

The hospital I'm delivering at has Wifi so you can upload your photos and everything all online in the hospital, and DH is allowed to stay with me with or without arrangements, even gets his own bed, IDK about movies and a laptop but def Cell and chargers and my Ipod =]

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 6:07pm

yeah i think i'll let my sister with an iphone post photos online..I think i'll be a little tired for all of that..hahaha

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 6:37pm

I have not given it much thought yet.... though I know one thing that will go on it: Depends (or a generic brand)!!!

I found that Depends is wonderful after childbirth when tampons are out and pads are uncomfortable (especially the hospital kind).

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 8:11pm

I'll be bringing a nightgown or two for myself because I hate the hospital gown, as well as underwear and slipper socks. I have these super cozy socks from Brookstone called NAP socks and they are the most wonderful invention ever! I'll also be bringing some magazines and my laptop because I'll be right in the middle of one of my master's courses. I'm there for 4 days, so I'm hoping to at least stay caught up a little bit. Don't ask me why I'm taking master's courses at my due date (it's a very long story!).

For the baby, I'll be bringing him an outfit to come home in, but I've learned my lesson on the elaborate coming home outfits. For DS, I had this gorgeous white fleece outfit that I planned on having him come home in. He was so big that it wouldn't even snap shut. Then, for DD, I had an adorable pink summer dress since she was born August 21 and it was FREEZING, so my mom had to bring a sleeper to put her in the day we went home. I'll probably bring a couple different choices and see what's appropriate on that day.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 8:50pm

Hahah yaa...DH has an Iphone so I'm sure he'll do all that lol

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 11:24pm
- Camera w/ charger
- Cell phone w/ charger
- Toothbrush/toothpaste
- Shampoo/Conditioner
- Body soap (I like what I like)
- Pj's of some kind (so I don't have to hang out in the hospital gown the entire stay)
- Boppy pillow, breast pump
- My own pillow (for sleeping)
- Clothes to go home in...for me and Presleigh
- Maybe laptop for the first couple of days while hubby is staying over w/ me

I actually loved the hospital underwear & pads so I'll be using those again ;) And they gave me TONS last time to take home. I brought A LOT of my own last time and never used a single one (underwear or pads).
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-29-2011 - 7:34am

oh i wasn't sure if you bring a breast pump...shoot mine is so big but it has the tote lol

Pages