Which car seats do you plan on getting?

iVillage Member
Which car seats do you plan on getting?
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 8:20pm

i have an infant seat with travel system (and getting a 2nd base for DH's car) but i put on registry 2 convertible car seats (to save $$$ and time) supposedly they're good for infant to 100 lbs...Someone bought one off of my registry (although i can exchange it if it doesn't work). I read some reviews and people liked the particular one i picked out but said it was huge and didn't fit well rear facing and was very big in some cars. What are you ladies getting? DH and I have two 4 door sedan vehicles.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-20-2011 - 11:11pm
the only carseats we have and will ever have are britax. they are expensive but completely worth the money, in my opinion. we have 2 (one for my car, one for hubby's) and my parents have one. eventually we'll be getting britax booster seats (full-back, 5-pt harness) for tristen for everyone's cars as well. oh, and yes -- some are bigger/bulkier than others...the 3 we have are all different but equally as good.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 8:19am

I'll be using a Graco infant seat that goes with my travle system to start with and then I will switch to a convertible one...probably Cosco because that's what I used last time. They're cheap and not bulky, so they fit perfectly rear facing...with both of my older kids I drove my current car which is a Hyundai Elantra. I'm upgrading to a 3 row SUV for this baby since I can't fit three comfortable in the Elantra. However, you can't go wrong with the Cosco convertible seats. They aren't fancy, but they are safe and secure and fit nicely. Good luck!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 10:14am
We will use what we did last time - Graco infant seat and then Maxi Cosi Priori. We just switched DS from the Priori to the Safety 1st Go Hybrid car seat (5 pt harness, but becomes a booster later).

Choosing car seats is a nightmare! Britax consistently gets good reviews, but they are big.

Have you checked out this website? I found it very easy to understand and read reviews.

www.elitecarseats.com
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 12:29pm

I used a no name car seat with DD15 that i got free from state of PA and then i used Eddie Bauer booster seats when DD was older. We were in a few car accidents and my DD was always fine. Britax wasn't even around then i don't think... The one i picked got good reviews from all the customers and there is 5 point harness..Just curious what everyone else is doing.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 12:31pm

The convertible car seats we were thinking of getting is a Safety first convertible (Sara) 5 point harness at babies r us

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-21-2011 - 9:32pm

With DS1 we used Graco infant seat, but this time around we are using Baby Trend. I like the Baby Trend better so far (even without baby) the base is much sturdier and the latches on the latch system seem much stronger. We also use Cosco convertible with my 18 month old.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 7:10am

Good to hear a positive safety reaction from a Cosco seat. Of course, I always read the reviews and what-not, but it makes me feel even more safe after hearing about an actual experience.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 12:07pm
We have an Elantra too! We just got it this year.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 12:19pm
Because we have limited space in the back seat of our car, we bought skinny convertible car seats (Sunshine Kids Radian) for the older kids and are buying a skinny infant car seat (Chicco Key Fit) for Oliver. The Chicco goes up to 30 lbs. Both car seats are well reviewed.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-22-2011 - 12:54pm
our infant car seat is chicco keyfit 30...LOVE it!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Pages