Whine time - I feel like crap!!

iVillage Member
Whine time - I feel like crap!!
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 2:53pm

Anyone else feel like crap LOL ?

I cannot DO ANYTHING beyond sitting around waiting for baby to pop. I try to go out but I get out of breath, disoriented, dizzy, overwhelmed, exhausted.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 3:01pm

I'm with you today! Although I don't normally mind the heat, today it's just been too much. Both kids had friends over and that exhausted me. Then they wanted to go swimming, but I only lasted about 45 mintues with them because it was so hot sitting around. I love summer, I really do...but today I just feel like crap. Right now is the first time all day that I only have my own two and they are just sitting around the living room playing while I park my butt on the couch. Hope you feel better soon, or have that baby pretty soon...either way, it has to stop right?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 3:05pm
I hope this crappy feeling has to pass one way or another... I am truly a bit worried that if I cannot handle a 2-block walk, how in the world am I going to handle hours of labor and pushing a baby out and then recoverying and caring for that baby?
HOW???????????

Molly.

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 3:10pm

Well, I think in labor you just get a big adrenaline rush...I mean, think of women who are labor for something like 48 hours and still have energy to push. Right now, I couldn't even DREAM of having that kind of energy...but I think it's something that just sort of comes. Since I'm having a dreaded repeat CS (I'm really dreading it more and more as the time approaches) I am just worried about getting through the process without hyperventilating and requiring oxygen and whatnot. That was SO SCARY the last time and was really the main reason I had wanted to try for a VBAC. However, I'd have to go to another hospital for that and even then, doctors were a little concerned because of the types of problems I had from my first delivery. Of course, it was my choice and I keep reminding myself that. I'm just absolutely terrified of having the same experience.\

Maybe all this dizziness/lack of energy is the baby's way of saying it's time???? : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 4:33pm
I'm so sorry! Just make sure your blood pressure it not high ... dizziness and shortness of breath can be a sign of too high blood pressure. But my blood pressure has been good and I feel this way sometimes too, so it's probably nothing but plain old fatigue. But if it gets really bad, you might get your blood pressure checked. Otherwise just relax and rest as much as you can.

Hang in there!
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 5:14pm

Oh no! I just got done assuring my sitter that my level of miserableness is DEFINITELY NOT NORMAL... so don't worry one day when you are pregnant....!!!

I hope you feel better. (As for me I am resigning myself - and I hate my doctor not that she caused this of course, it is just on principle - she is supposed to make me feel better! *smirk*)

River

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 5:18pm
I just saw my OB today and complained about the exact same thing. I am exhausted, kind of upset stomach, get dizzy very easily, and generally feel like crap. I don't normally feel like this, just for the past few days.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-06-2011 - 6:25pm

You know, I keep thinking my blood pressure must be through the roof because I have the same symptoms as Molly (dizziness, shortness of breath) alot along with the super swollen feet and hands, but every time they check it's just about perfect. Not that I'm complaining, it just feels strange and gets me all worried in between appointments.

Photobucket