Who's Having a Baby Shower?

iVillage Member
Who's Having a Baby Shower?
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 10:18am

Will you have a

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 11:25am
Since it's our second baby and we really don't need as much, we're not having a shower. My mom threw me a fantastic surprise shower last time around and this time, she prefers to just give us the money she'd be spending on a shower. I'm so grateful for that since we can use whatever money my parents will be able to give us.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 11:54am

I was the child who never even had birthday parties because having so many people pay attention to me would make me cry so I highly doubt I will be having a baby shower...what some of my aunts have been doing instead is just going shopping with me and stuff and doing it that way...

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 1:07pm

I like the idea of a "sprinkle" (the freezable dinner thing).

This is my fourth... though I am probably going to have to replace some items (For instance: my original carseats had to be replaced for #3 because they expire after 10 years and I bought them aparently halfway done with their lifespan (I got them new but the manufacture date was 1996, purchase date was 2001 - check the manufacture dates of any new carseats you get... the age of the plastic can apparently become an issue),

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 2:02pm

My only other child is 15 so yes my sister is throwing me a nice shower at a restaurant hall. We invited about 50 ppl. Not a surprise ( hate surprises!). I had a small shower at my mom's house for my DD15 and my sister was only 15 so she wanted to throw me something nice since she's over 30 now and has money. lol...I am little nervous for all of these people to have their eyes on me. Not one to be the center of attention...Only time i was the center of attention before was my first wedding which was about 65 people in 1997... I didn't have a wedding at all this marriage so i figured a baby shower would be nice. I hope i can enjoy it :) It will be traditional due to money constraints (only mostly females) the only males invited are my DH who isn't coming until the last hour or hour and a half (half the ppl are his family so that would be nice) and his

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 2:48pm

I have some friends who want to throw me a sip 'n see after the baby is born, but I am not sure about that yet.

I AM throwing my SIL a shower.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 4:02pm

I think co-ed showers are much better... but that is partly because gatherings of all women tend to be somewhat foreign to me.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 4:26pm

i wanted a co-ed shower but i don't have many male relatives and alot of women in my family, DH family and friends are single mothers or divorced etc., so no males there plus alot of men i know don't care for these things so i am stuck with all these females and estrogen that comes along with it ahahhaaha

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 6:34pm

Even though this is our third, my mom is throwing me a shower on May 21st. We had moved in with my parents a couple years back because I had to quit my job to do my student teaching. While living there, our stuff was in a storage unit that sprang a leak and ruined absolutely every stitch of furniture and baby gear that I had. While we were compensated (pretty meagerly) by the storage company, most of that money went to buying furniture for our apartment so my mom asked if she could do a shower for me. I sort of felt like people would think I was being selfish, but I just really don't have the money to buy everything since we are in the process of closing on our first home. Plus, my meme passed away in January and I think the shower planning has been a nice way to take my mom's mind off of that.

Photobucket