Will you have a changing table?

iVillage Member
Will you have a changing table?
Sun, 04-17-2011 - 7:48pm

i don't know if i need a table if you have a changing station with the pack and plays and portable changing pads, etc. What are you ladies doing ? I had a table with DD15 and liked having it but they didn't have all the gadgets they have out today..

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-17-2011 - 10:11pm

Hi!

I think it's important to have one safe place to put the baby down and change them at a comfortable height for your back-- buf if you have other devices that create that space for you, why bother with another changing table?

I've heard from some people with larger homes that they like having good places on each floor for changing, so maybe in that case you'd want a changing table so you wouldn't have to take a flight of stairs for changing--- key in the early month or two!

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-17-2011 - 10:32pm

They have these changing pads with edges that slope up that you insert into a changer.

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-17-2011 - 10:40pm
We put a changing pad station thing on top of the dresser and use that. I'm shorter so most of the time I always changed Tristen on our bed, which is high-up but lower than the dresser. Though my husband prefers the dresser top and my mom moves the changing pad thing to the bed. I think even if we had a different living arrangement (bigger place, multiple floors), I wouldn't have a changing table. I personally think it's a waste.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 6:57am

I loved having one last time around, but I'm not sure what I'll get this time. I think the dresser my SO's mother wants to buy us is a changing table/dresser, but that will be all the way upstairs and I'm not sure I'm going to want to run up and down every time I have to change him. With that being said, I also don't know if I will have room for a full changing table downstairs, so maybe I'll fashion something that can still be useful and won't take up as much space.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 9:48am

I purchased a dresser when I got the crib that will be used as a changing table...you just have to buy the changing pad that you put on the dresser.

TTC #1 October/November 2009

BFP December 14th, 2009 :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 11:25am
My friends and relatives that have multiple-level homes either use(d) a pack-n-play changing station when the baby was still small enough, or the floor in their living area (w/ a blanket or something underneath). I've actually never known anyone who had a changing table outside of the baby's bedroom! LOL! Everyone does what works best for them :)
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 11:52am

i had one with DD15 and i did like it

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 3:22pm

Our change table is pretty much just a dresser that has an attachment that has rails to prevent the baby from rolling off.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 4:04pm
We used the changing table that went with our pack n play with DD. However with this baby, we went with a crib/changing table combo. The changing table has a lot of storage which is great for us since we live in a small place.

Alicia
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-18-2011 - 4:31pm
We have a changing table that has a lot of storage underneath it for diapers, blankets, sheets or whatever. I have used it for all 3 of my children and will use it for this one too. I like having a dedicated area just because things can get messy, especially when they are so tiny. I have a pack and play that has a diaper changing attachment but I find it kind of flimsy. Maybe they have gotten a lot better in the past few years but I prefer an actual table.

Pages