How well are YOU sleeping?

iVillage Member
How well are YOU sleeping?
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 9:32am

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 8:29am

That sounds like Jillian...always wants the attention. Although she has been very good with her litle brother, she still demands the attention. Just a few minutes ago, I was trying to settle Jack down and Jill wanted to play dolls with me. I told her I was taking care of the baby and she goes "Well I want to play with you, so just put him somewhere and come with me!". Too funny : )

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-18-2011 - 8:07am
Alex has a very laid back sweet shy personality ( although he's been acting out some since lily passed but that's understandable) Lily was very very spirited..into everything thought she could fly and wanted attention now now NOW. Gracie may be even more content then Alex was as a baby.. We just drooped Alex at school so I'm at Starbucks and she's laying across my legs sound asleep smiling in her sleep...
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 8:48pm

It's funny that you mention it being the child's personality because SO and I were just discussing this the other day. See, DS1 was a very fussy baby and never slept much at night, probably until the age of 18 months or so. Then it was like a switch flipped and he immediately slept all night long and developed the most easy-going and mellow personalities. On the other hand, DD slept beautifully practically from her first night at home. She would go down aroud 10 pm and sleep straight through until about 6 am. THEN she turned two and all heck broke loose!! I love her without a doubt, but man can she be a difficult child. Or "high spirited" as my mother calls her...LOL. Jack seems to be taking after his big brother right now as far as sleep and fussiness go, so we're interested to see if he ends up with the same mellow personality as DS1. We shall see....

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-17-2011 - 7:24pm
Gracie sleeps a 7 hour stretch. All 3 kids are boobie babies. . Alex slept all night by 3 weeks. Lily never slept more then a couple hour stretch and Gracie has done a 7 hour stretch every night since we left the hospital. I think it depends on the child's personality.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 8:25pm

I don't have anything to really compare to, since all of my children have been bottle fed, but I am getting approximately 3-5 hours of sleep a night and that's really only because my SO keeps the baby downstairs until about 12 so that I can get a few hours sleep before he comes upstairs and is then awake most of the night. I think if I was breastfeeding and he had this kind of schedule, I'd be getting even less because SO wouldn't be helping with that first "shift". It's hard to really say how much I'm sleeping since after midnight, it feels like I'm up the whole time even though I know that must not be true...Jack DOES doze off here and there and some nights he'll even sleep an hour or two at a time.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-16-2011 - 3:14pm

Funny i thing is i am getting more middle night sleep with this baby who is bf then