Mommyrexia?!?

iVillage Member
Mommyrexia?!?
Mon, 06-20-2011 - 12:29pm

Hey, ladies, want to fight that unsightly tummy bulge that comes from carrying a baby inside you?

Let celebs like Bethenny Frankel and Victoria Beckham help you keep that frail, emaciated, oh-my-god-someone-get-that-poor-woman-a-cheeseburger figure that turns all the shallow guys' heads.

Staying a walking skeleton before, during and after pregnancy is an emerging trend in ... guess. Hint: It's not Fargo, N.D., or Lewiston, Idaho. You got it! New York City!

But what kind of trend would it be without a name? It's called Mommyrexia.

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-23-2011 - 11:08am

One thing I have found that is REALLY SUPER ANNOYING: Motherhood maternity chains.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 11:35pm

I thought this article was pretty disgusting. It makes me sad and a little angry that women can be so selfish about their bodies that they risk the health of their unborn babies. I understand wanting to be in shape after baby is born, but while you're pregnant it is normal and healthy to gain weight and have some meat on your bones. Also, mommies are supposed to be examples to their children. What are their children learning by watching their moms waste away to nothing even while pregnant. It's just crazy to me.

I've never felt any pressure to get back into shape other than from myself. My husband has told me that he thinks my post-partum body is just a reflection of my hard work at making babies. I wish more people could have that attitude.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-21-2011 - 8:04am

Well, actually no.