Need to let out a virtual scream!!!

iVillage Member
Need to let out a virtual scream!!!
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 9:05am

I really think I'm going to lose it right now!!! Remember how I said I had left that really small list of things for SO to do over the weekend while I was gone? And how the only thing he'd managed to get done was to move the boxes out of the dining room and put the paint cans downstairs? Well, I've been looking for two days for the boxes that he supposedly moved upstairs for me to unpack. They had all the bathroom stuff and a bunch of the kids stuffed animals and things and they were OPEN for crying out loud. Well, I found them alright....he put them down in the mildewy basement. So I'm trying to wrap my mind around why in the WORLD he would put open boxes of stuff we obviously use on a daily basis down in a musty basement!! And I can't even bring them upstairs myself, which means I now have to rely on whenever the hell he feels like moving them again. I just give up...why is it so hard to help me out??? It's not like I'm just making demands and being lazy...I only asked him to move the boxes. I was going to take care of unpacking them and everything. I just want to cry...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 2:49pm

:smileymad:

a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 4:51pm

I'm sorry.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 4:57pm

Ugh...they just really don't. I felt better after I let it all out. It was just sooo frustrating, esp. when I emailed him asking what happened and he was like "oh well...those were the boxes that you said to send down." I know they weren't, buti t's just not worth arguing about since it's done and over with. I would just like him to do something for me just one time...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 5:26pm

He would REALLY piss me off!! I do all of the cleaning and getting baby things together but moving is something the husband should do most of.. I shouldn't have really cleaned the cabinets because i hurt myself (thankfully it got better fast). Why did he agree to move to a home while you were pregnant (very pregnant), when he wasn;t going to help much? I wouldn't last long with him.

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-29-2011 - 8:05pm

Thanks, Jen. It makes me feel better to hear I'm not totally crazy!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-30-2011 - 10:47pm

You know, I cannot believe I am suggesting this (because of course we are never supposed to "lose it"), but if there is any way you can do this away from the kids... I highly recommend collapsing in tears and tearfully screaming for real AT HIM.

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 8:28am

I could try that...I just feel like I'm talking to a brick wall sometimes. The other day was a particularly low point, things were a bit better the rest of this week. I just still feel like I"m always going to be the one who has to take care of everything and it's too much of a burden sometimes. And there are so many times where I feel like I wouldn't be so resentful of doing it alone if I didn't have to look at him sitting on the couch playing video games all night. If I were truly at it alone, I think I'd be less stressed because he wouldn't be around to disappoint me.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 9:46am

Now that you mention the video games I get it even more.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 3:13pm

i am SO thankful DH doesn't play video games (at least not now).. He goes on the laptop alot and looks up weightlfting all the time and computer stuff...I can't stand video games!!!!!!! lol

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-01-2011 - 4:41pm

I really hate video games as well!! Especially the ones he plays...they are so gory and violent. The only thing he is good about is the fact that he doesn't play while the kids are home or awake because there is no way I need them witnessing such garbage as Call of Duty and Black Ops. It makes me cringe when I hear my 7 year old students talk about playing them. As far as I'm concerned, any video game that requires you to show ID to purchase is nothing an elementary student should be playing. Ugh....I wish I had the nerve to just stomp on the stupid system, but with my luck he'd find a way to get another one.

Photobucket