Newsflash: Men Are Stubborn!

iVillage Member
Newsflash: Men Are Stubborn!
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 1:39pm

Ugh...ok, so ever since we got into a huge fight a few weeks ago about SO not doing anything around here, I've discovered that it is much easier and less prone to arguing if I give him two projects to work on every weekend and stop asking for things to be done during the week. I've had to start super slow (last week it was to clean the guinea pig cage before I got home from hospital) but I have to say that he's done everything I've asked. I do wish he'd spend a little more time on family or home improvement stuff than say video games and fishing with his friends...but what am I going to do?

So this morning he tells me he's going fishing (big surprise) and he got home around lunch time. Now, the two things I asked for this weekend hadn't even been touched, so I decided to remind him. One project was to bring all the cardboard that we've accumulated from moving and new furniture and bring it to my mom's work to her cardboard dumpster and the other was to rip out the hideous shrubs in our front yard because it's looking really overgrown and nasty. So he gets home at lunch time and tells me he needs hedge clippers from my mom. Now, if I knew that I would have called her yesterday or this morning. Instead, I try calling and get no answer...so he proceeds to load the cardboard in the truck. I finally get a hold of my mom and tell him to go get the clippers and he says it's too late now and he's ripping out all the shrubs by hand. Why do they have to be so stubborn???? Would it have really killed him to take the 2 minute trip to go get them? Now he's going to end up being out in the sun twice as long. Oh well...his choice I guess!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 07-31-2011 - 9:02pm

I'm sorry, I know the feeling all to well haha

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-01-2011 - 9:18am

Well, he gave in and went to get the clippers so I guess I jumped the gun on complaining a little. Now our front "garden" doesn't look like a weed fest. He's going to finish ripping out the last two shrubs this week and mulch it so I can go get new shrubs this weekend. I should have taken before and after pics. There was this GIGANTIC spider plant looking thing that totally took over the whole area and was as tall as my living room windows. You should have seen what we found after he ripped it out, a rose plant that was actually flowering and a rhodedendron (sp?) bush. I was amazed the previous owners let it get so bad!

Photobucket