Fri, 05-13-2011 - 8:55am

photo snowsiggy.png

iVillage Member
Sun, 05-15-2011 - 4:05pm

I guess if we had millions a diamond ring would be a WONDERFUL

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-16-2011 - 6:40pm
With DS, I got a push present - a string of pearls. I'd been wanting pearls for years and DH saved it for that. I am guessing he spent about $250.

I am not expecting one with this baby, though. $$ is too tight.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 05-22-2011 - 4:16am

Sorry... I am too busy laughing about the idea of a "push" present.... Pushing the baby out is the least part of pregnancy so far as I am concerned.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-10-2011 - 5:06pm
Hi. I usually just lurk on this board since my due date is June 30th. I never felt like I really belonged in either the June or July ECs. But I like this question, so I thought I would come out of lurk-dom.

DH gave me a small birth stone ring (baby's birth stone--August) on the occasion of our son's birth. I love it. I wear it when our son is having a special day. It reminds me to pray for him and think of him all day. When our second son was born, DH gave me a charm to put on my necklace that has 2nd DS's birth stone (July). Again, I wear it in DS's honor. For baby #3, DH isn't sure what to do since we could end up with a June or July baby, so he doesn't want to shop ahead.

While I can see some of the arguments against "push presents" (I personally HATE that term.), I love the gifts I received. No other material items are as important to me (except maybe my engagement and wedding rings). They hold memories of the beautiful births of my boys, and they make me feel close to my kids when we are apart (which is pretty rare at this stage in our lives!).

I would nearly kill DH if had spent a ton of money. We are not rich, and I think big money would ruin the sentimental value.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 06-12-2011 - 10:27am

I think that is really beautiful, Erica. And, I think your dh's tradition is wonderful.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-13-2011 - 6:05pm

No money for this stuff and i didn't get a gift for my first child's birth either ( although you could say baby is a gift).