Rant: Stressed!!

iVillage Member
Rant: Stressed!!
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 3:17pm

Okay..Since this is a rant I should probably not have to apologize for this being long and ranty to begin with but I will anyways..Sorry in advance.. :(

I am just finding things hard right now and don't have many people to spill it out on so I need to do this hear..

First up is the fact that for about three weeks now I have been incredibly light headed and am having massive headaches.. I don't mean little headaches, I mean the top of my head and back feeling like someone is trying to put nails through it.. and the dizziness is making it hard to focus on things or work around the house, It's becoming debilitating!!

Second is my lovely DH (I say that as sarcastically as I can) He is doing student teaching and while I understand that is a full time job in itself, he is being just plain miserable around here. Complaining constantly and treating me like just because I stay at home with our kids and he is working on his bachelors degree that he has to talk down to me. I asked him something about the comp. the other day and he said.."oh I was just talking to Ms. W (his teacher) about this, I am so used to working with high school level kids that I forget that I may have to bring it down to a lower level when trying to help the kids in our class (they're 5th grader)"

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 09-21-2011 - 5:53pm

Awww!!! HUGE hugs to you! It seems like you have an incredibly full plate right now and it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot you can do about most of it. However, I did want to comment on the text messaging thing. I went through this with my SO a few years ago. I wound up being pretty nosy because he was being incredibly secretive about his texting and so I went through his phone (I know, very sneaky) and found a bunch of messages between him and his friend's girlfriend. Now, they weren't terrible...but they were a little flirty and I was MAJORLY PO'd. We had a huge fight over it because I told him it was incredibly disrespectful for him to be texting another woman. In the end, he wound up deleting her from his phone and we haven't had an issue since, but I guess it's always in the back of my mind.

Oh boy. I started this off trying to help you and now I've gone off on a tangent. Basically, I just wanted to say that the texting would bother me, too, and I think you should talk to him about it. He needs to have respect for you and constantly texting another woman (whether she's training him or not) is not respectful...especially if you tell him it's bothering you. Good luck!! KUP on how things go...

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-22-2011 - 1:08pm

i hear ya Jen..One big issue for me is baby doesn't sleep very good. Its a struggle every night.. I am exhausted. See my post of high maintenance baby. Honestly i could never have as many kids as you. I think i'd really lose it! I can hardly handle an infant and a teenager on top everything else.

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-23-2011 - 12:19pm
Aww girl BIG BIG BIG HUS :)

You are dealing with ALOT of things............. I am so sorry :(

Lets start with the headaches: you could be having migraines. I get those and they can stop me cold in my tracks. Some triggers are : Lack of SLeep, caffine (too much or not enough), change in the weather, certain foods, scents. I would just make a call to the Dr or NP and run it by them. They can give you an RX for Tylenol with Codine ( LOVE THT STUFF) which can help kick the pain. But if it still goes on I would deffinatly get it check out more.

Ok DH thinking he needs to dumb it down........... been there done that. My dh has his PHD in Computer Sceince (he covers all fields if IT Engineering and Architextre) and he has played that card on me and it hurts. I simply explained that I am not stupid jsut becuse I stay home. I have a brain ad think too. Have a sweet talk with him about it.

Texting YIKES! Just ask to read them..........if there is nothing to hide he wont have an issue of you reading them. If all else fails get opies from your cell provider.

I hope your DD is going to be ok. Poor baby :(

Ok Pooping issue: are you eating Bananas by any chance? Bananas are binding agents and can cause constipation in you and it may carry through the breast milk too........... just a random thought here..........more than likely not the case but you never know. Faizans poppy diapers have slowed down, he has days where he will poop maybe once and days like yesterday where he went through 6 diapers in an hour. If all else fails call the Dr :D

AF: I have not seen her yet so i cant help much there other than that really sucks :(

Colds and viruses are aPIA. my oldest DS already came home with the sniffles.............. and I told hime he cannot kiss his little bro on the face or hands. back of the head or legs . Both my kids have strict instructions that they are to use hand sanatizer when they get in the car BEFORE they touch him or anything. Sorry but I dont need a sick baby.

And your Mom: that is horrible. I cannot believe they denied her!! I swear they act like you need to have one foot in the grave in order to get disability!!! I hope she is appealing the denial. And not being able to help them has got to be frustrating and sad. I a so sorry :(

Now if you grab the LItle Debbies I can bring the Chocolte milk and we can have a party!!! :D

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-26-2011 - 5:24pm

*hugs* sounds like you have a lot on your plate... a child needing surgery would be enough! I hope the illness passes, you are not pregnant so soon again, and that the baby poops!

Regarding the headaches - I had migraines real bad after my second.

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-28-2011 - 1:30pm

Thanks ladies.... Some things are going much better..Abbie is pooping at least once per day now, sometimes twice and when she farts (lol..I know tmi) you don't want to clear the room, so I am guessing my dairy and gluten free thing is working!

My dd surgery is mandatory, so there is not much I can do about that, but I expect that to be stressful.

I have looked at DH texts and even though I suspect that he might be deleting some (as in the phone will make a text noise at 9:30 at night, and I will look at it in the morning and the only text will be at 7pm) I don't think he's doing anything inappropriate. I think her texts are flirty (little smile faces and such) to be sending to a married man with 5 kids and it does bother me and I've made it clear.I think he honestly likes the attention from her. It would not bother me as much if I thought he respected me as an equal instead of making me feel like a maid that raises his children.. Unfortunately our relationship is not in a good spot and even though he knows it, he thinks it's not worth the effort to fix it.. :(

The headaches are coming and going.I had them really bad after my 1st ds, but it seems so much worse with everything else.Fortunately tylenol and an afternoon caffeine kick seem to be helping.

Oh and I am not pregnant so I guess I should be happy that I might get the bf perk this time of not having af for awhile!

Thanks again,ladies..

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-29-2011 - 1:16pm
I am so glad things are going a wee bit better :)

Do you still wanna have a little debbie snack cake party LOL!!!

I am sending ++++ thoughts for your daughter and speedy recovery!!!
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers