Sick,stressed and can't stop eating cookies!!

iVillage Member
Sick,stressed and can't stop eating cookies!!
Fri, 11-04-2011 - 12:58pm

::serious whine warning::

I have come down with this really sucky cold!! :( Ughh..sore throat, head congestion,tired.. really wish the weather would stop going up and down all the time. Abbie has gone back to hardly ever sleeping at night.. I think she was up feeding every hour last night. And my dh is absoluely useless with her, can't feed her as I am EBF but won't even hold her because all she does is scream with him.. so she uses me as a constant pacifier, which is really wearing on me, my energy level and my ability to care for the house. :(

Oh and my oldest ds brought home his first report card, and wouldn't you know it..a big fat 70!! He has never even had a c on one, let alone a 70!! So I am currently ripping the school a new one for not notifying me as far as his low scores and there seems to be some kind of acceptance of low grades being the normal from the school!! Really...school..ugghh..they piss me off sometimes!! (I say this with much love for the teachers on here, believe me I know how hard it is, not criticizing all schools, just my sons!)

My family seems to have suddenly loss the ability to pick up anything!! Or help out around the house at all!! Yesterday I did 9 loads of laundry..9 LOADS!! And that is folding, putting away, hanging..the works..and my kids couldn't even manage to put them in their drawers or make sure the clothers got to their closets!!

I have been cheating alot on my gluten/dairy free thing, and it doesn't seem to be affecting Abbie yet, but it has been making me feel like poo, when I guzzle down 6 cookies!!And this weather is causing me to have some pretty serious seasonal depression issues..just feel like BLAH!! :p

I need a virtual hug and some chicken soup!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member

Thanks gals for the posts.. Sorry I didn't thank you earlier.

Fortunately my cold seems to have left the building for right now.. Though I am left with the whole "have to catch up on chores thing" so I am currently on my second 5 loads of laundry or more day!! I can't really blaim my DH for his attitude, he is clueless unless given direct instructions with most things, he is really good at his job but comes from divorced parents and somewhat disfunctional family issues, so when it comes to things around here, he is so afraid of screwing things up that he gives up really easy.. That and I am kinda OCD about the way things run around here, so it can't be easy to take over for me!! ;)

Unfortunately school is a huge issue with my DS and he is special needs which doesn't make it easier..ughhh.. long battle ahead here, with his school having low marks for these kinds of kids!!

Oh well, can't expect miracles, especially with 5 kids, a confused hubby, and a house we settled into July 1st, had a baby on July 6, major job issues in Aug, DD medical issues in Sept-Oct, and major school issues with DS in Nov.! Hate to think about Dec. I just want to make it with my sanity intact for 2012!! :) Have to love chaos!!

Thanks again ladies!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
I'm also sick and struggling with similar issues. But my DH actually is a great help around the house; however, he walks around sighing like "I can't believe I have to do this". It irritates me but not enough that I'd rather him stop cleaning up the house.

My kids have gotten similar attitudes as well, and I've just started firmly grounding them from TV, etc., if they argue or simply don't do what they're told. If I'm feeling generous, I tell them a sincere apology and actually doing what they were supposed to will reduce their sentence ... seems to be helping some. But my 7 yo has taken to screaming NO!! anytime you ask her to do something. Now she's on a personal mission to break a different bad habit (and I'm SO SO proud of her!!!), so I'm trying to keep in mind that she may have some emotional issues going on. But the "NO!!" is grating on my nerves. And I'm about to start grounding from TV by the day with every NO. It's disrespectful. It's loud. And it's unnecessary.

I've given up on diet and exercise for now. I eat when I can and whatever is easy ... so far not gaining any weight back but certainly not losing anymore either.

So hang in there. I hear (at least the one going around here) this cold can linger, and so far I believe it. Very slow build. I'm a week into it and it's worse than ever. I do think it might be peaking though.

Hang in there.
iVillage Member

HUGS!!! And don't you dare worry about complaining about school. I'm a teacher and, believe me, I know there are some sucky ones out there!! LOL

It seems to me that any decent teacher would have been in contact with your much sooner than this, especially if these grades aren't the "norm" for him.

Photobucket