Anterior Placenta Ladies..Movement??

iVillage Member
Anterior Placenta Ladies..Movement??
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 9:26am

Okay, to all the anterior placenta ladies out there..or the ones who have been late to feel movement.. How often/ frequently do you feel your baby??

My little one used to have active days, and not so active days... Now all it seems like is the inactive days and it's really not something I'm used to or feel great about..

How am I even supposed to do kick counts if my baby may be felt like 10 times per day.. not hour? and when should I worry (or expect to be taken seriously)??

I really hate to freak out because ( being a btdt mom people treat me like I am supposed to know this stuff) but the only baby who have given me a scare before with movement was my 1st DS and that was close to 40 weeks and he had no fluid.. so I am trying really hard to relax, but feel freaked out at the moment.. :p

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 11:07am

No help here but I hate kick counts.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 6:22pm

I really only started feeling any regular movement at all about 2 weeks ago. Before that, I'd had a few little flutters now and then, but nothing regular. My LO likes to kick at night, he's pretty quiet during the day. I asked my doctor and he said as long as I feel him at some point every day, things are ok. Although, he knows I'm prone to worrying, so maybe he was trying to make me feel better (it worked)!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-11-2011 - 8:42pm
Anterior placenta here too. I started feeling regular movement around 18 weeks, and it has been getting really strong lately. I have noticed that some days he/she seems more quiet (like today) and I start to worry a little, but then just lay down and relax. that usually starts them up again. :)

If you are getting worried about it, maybe bring it up to your care provider for peice of mind.
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-28-2011 - 7:58am
I also have an anterior placenta and have been feeling lots of movement, esp after eating. Can your dr do an ultrasound to make sure everything is OK and give you peace of mind? My insurance only covers the 2 early ultrasounds but my dr said if there is something that might be concerning they can code the ultrasound differently so insurance will cover it too. It may make you feel more relaxed to know everything is OK.
Pregnancy%20ticker