Any big baby predictions (for u/s) end up being true? Need to make a decision..

iVillage Member
Any big baby predictions (for u/s) end up being true? Need to make a decision..
Wed, 08-03-2011 - 3:26pm

Hi there, I'm popping in from the August EC, but I thought this might be better asked here since at August 3rd only a handful there have given birth.

I should say that I feel and look HUGE with this baby.

BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

You've already gotten some good advice from the other ladies, but just wanted to chime in here.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

iVillage Member
Shells, thanks for this story. I'm feeling so lost/confused right now. I do feel that this baby is bigger than my daughter. I've been carrying bigger for a long time and two ultrasounds have indicated a large size. I keep hearing that ultrasounds can be wrong, but I tend to hear from those where it was wrong by overestimating size. The problem is that I feel that this baby is bigger and looking at my daughter, who was born at 7lbs 11oz but did get stuck behind my pubic bone, she has consisttently been in the 90% for height,w eight and head circumference, so it's not so off that I would have a baby over the 90% because I already have one. Also, my husband and his family are big boned and he was 9lbs 10 oz when he was born. I'm petite and small-boned. I don't know why I'm feeling so much resistance to the c-section idea. I think it's because I have this idea in my head that doctors push c-section/inductiosn for their convenience. I believe that this is true in some cases, but certainly there are good reasons for inductions and c-sections, but part of me is such a skeptic. I really would hate it if I did a c-section for an 8lb baby, but at the same time, I know what a difficult time I had with the 7lb 11oz baby. I feel like I barely avoided an emergency c-section there.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

my first L&D was bad..same as you with going back up..pushed 2.5 hrs and vacuum sunction (and large episiotomy)used on baby head. She was 7 9..this time baby was 7 even and it was easier (and very painful to push -felt it more this time --pushed about 45 min and tore at episiotomy site). Both times i was told child would be large (first one told 9 lbs) Had her on EDD, this one was told over 8 lbs and she was 7 born 3 days early..It's hard because their estimates can be off alot.

iVillage Member

I just had my 3rd baby 3 weeks ago and he was thought to be about 9 lbs or so, but we got a HUGE surprise at delivery! He ended up being 10 lbs 2 oz!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Yeah...mine with my second baby was the other direction. They told me he wouldn't be bigger than 8lb 2 ounces and he was 9 lbs 5 ounces. this time i was sure this baby would be even bigger but he was 8lb 2 hounces (same as first)
I had no problem delivering any of them pelvic wise so we never had a decision to make. good luck!
a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member

"Easier (more violent) but easier"??? lovely doctors. Sorry,