Anyone else GF/DF ?

iVillage Member
Anyone else GF/DF ?
Fri, 12-10-2010 - 11:04am
Just wondering if anyone else here is either in a household or is themselves Gluten and/or dairy free? I
was warned by our kids doctor that I should also be pretty strict about following the rest of the households diet throughout my pregnancy as well since chances are high that this child to will be unable to process gluten.
mysig

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-10-2010 - 11:16am

Hi i am not gluten sensitive but i mostly follow a g/f diet because i have allergies to wheat, oat, barley, apple to name a few. I have snuck in some things recently because its been 8 yrs since i have changed my diet and i

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-11-2010 - 8:34am
Lol! Yeah, we do a lot of "Whole Paycheck" as my husband calls them, shopping as well. We have found that a local chain store called Ingles sells a ton of GF products for a lot less but still can't get everything there. At least our Udi's bread is "only" 4 a loaf ATM :P

That would be difficult not being able to eat apples though. We eat a ton of fruits around here. I know what you mean about the pizza. We have only just found that our one dairy free kid can tolerate some goat cheese. There is just no soy chess that compared to the real thing so we haven't had pizza in a very long while. Thinking of trying it with the goat mozzarella we found and a homemade GF crust soon though!
mysig

iVillage Member
Sat, 12-11-2010 - 11:35am

i get the UDI's white bread but whole foods is the only place i think that has them in my area and they're $5.99 a loaf. UGH i used to eat apples all the time. love em but since 28 can't eat them :( i used to get apples with Peanut butter. YUM