Anyone else having lower back pain? (i'm sure many of us)

iVillage Member
Anyone else having lower back pain? (i'm sure many of us)
Thu, 04-07-2011 - 5:20pm

Well looks like the 3T is coming on esp. the lower back pain when walking and standing. What do you ladies do if anything for the discomfort?

iVillage Member

I get it super bad when I'm at work because I have to stand most of the day.....the worst thing for me to do is to sit down i find though because it turns into a sharp pain when I get back up

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
I am starting to get this too, as well as the ANNOYING buring rib pain when sitting or standing too long. The only things that help me is laying down, a nice warm bath, and a backrub from DH ;)
Photobucket

iVillage Member
Every so often, I get lower back pain, but so far it hasn't become regular yet. The back pain I get is related to my pelvic pain. A pregnancy belt is supposed to help with that. I haven't gotten one yet, but I will if my back pain becomes more frequent.
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

my pain feels directly related to my belly weight and my now arched back from the belly...Do yout think there are belts that will help? its getting bad daily. I am starting to think i won't leave my house unless i have to..i have back and neck problems prior (car accidents) and most of the time is my neck but now its all in lower back..It doesn't take long for the pain to start now and this just really started daily since yesterday after i was shopping and trying on clothes.

iVillage Member
The main purpose of maternity belts is to provide support to the growing belly in order to relieve back pain. I've heard great things about them. I've never tried one myself though. It's definitely worth a try!

Maternity shops should sell them. JC Penney sells them (online at least).
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member

I ordered one from target last night..You know i am bad when i pay for one day shipping to get by tuesday...I am going to have problems if it doesn't get better ( can't see food shopping or waiting for buses to go to doctors in the city --may have to just drive and pay parking to go to drs)...its that bad..feels like i was just in a car accident. I could find a massage/chiro but to get there i have to drive right now because the pain sucks.May look into that. I know there's a prenatal massage center in my vicinity.

iVillage Member
Let me know how it works for you! I might get one later on too.

I hear a lot of good things about chiropractors. Hope you can find some relief soon :)
 BabyFetus Ticker