Anyone else RH negative like me?

iVillage Member
Anyone else RH negative like me?
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 4:33pm

I am O negative blood type and had to get the rhogam injections with pregnancy of first child and will of course this time too. Any other RH negative mommas? just curious. It's not a big deal, just another needle lol.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 5:50pm
I'm A-. My daughter inherited my negative Rh, so dh must be a carrier of the gene.

I wish I could have your attitude about needles. I HATE them! I completely forgot about having to get my shot next month. Gee, thanks for reminding me... hahaha
 BabyFetus Ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 6:10pm

My DD is RH positive (O+) but they always make you get shots no matter what i thought (even if DH was negative blood) unfortunately most men i know don't even know their blood type (including DH and ex H). I used to get allergy shots every week for 9 years plus so needles don't bother me except tetanus lol..

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 9:45pm

haha I"m not rh negative but i just had to say I COMPLETLY agree about haiting needles....somehow its different for tattoos for me...i have plently of those but ask me to get a flu shot and i have a panic attack lol

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-09-2011 - 9:46pm

Cheyenne you're funny!! I have 2 tattoos and not afraid of needles :) i know it will be over fast and actually the shots don't hurt (flu etc) as much as afterwards (the heaviness of arm).

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 9:30am

I'm A-, my first DS was A+ so DH must be also.

It's so funny you started a thread about this I actually just learned a lot about it a day or so ago. I work in the lab at a Women and Children's hospital and we currently have a preggo patient (27 weeks I think) who has inter-uterine (sp?) bleeding and the babies + blood is mixing with hers and hers is trying to fight it off. It's so scary to think about because with my first I just thought of it as another shot I had to get. I didn't realize that could happen. Poor lady has to get her blood drawn every 6 or so hours and recieve the RHO-GAM right afterward.

Well I didn't mean to ramble but I thought it was interesting when I learned it and thought I'd share for anyone who might not know!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-10-2011 - 9:29pm

Im A neg

a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 03-11-2011 - 7:36am

I am getting mine in my thigh but yeah it sucks. It has to go in a big muscle. i just can't wait to get it over with. lol