Anyone feel like their belly should be bigger?

iVillage Member
Anyone feel like their belly should be bigger?
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 3:15pm

I started showing really early with this pregnancy (it was obvious by 10 weeks) and I was preparing myself to be huge this time.

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 6:00pm

I'm right there with you! I was showing at 10 weeks too and then slowed down a lot. I'm pretty sure I'm smaller this time around then with my first, but then I realize I'm starting this pregnancy out 15 lbs lighter too. So far I've gained 14lbs so I'm still 1 lb under what I was when I got pregnant with DS1.

I'm sure theres nothing to worry about. This pregnancy has definitely showed me that every pregnancy IS different and you can carry the babies differently.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-02-2011 - 11:21pm

I worried about this in my first pragnancy, and al ittle bit in this pregnancy..it's like we hit a moment where our bellies get "stuck" lol..:) for me it was around my 12 weeks..i looked the same from my 8 weeks to like 16 weeks. and all of the sudden i started popping.. I guess it's all different, every woman and every baby...

With my first, i brought my concerns to my doc by my fifth month, i thought i was really small..but for my 7 month visit i was HUGE where the doc even pointed out " and you were worried you weren't getting big" I guess it could be because we see and measure ourselfves everyd ay..we don't see the change??

I think seeing our babies on the ultrasound, it's a relive because even if it doesn't look like it...they are growing just fine in there..:)

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2011 - 12:11am

I still kind of worry about this.,,altho I look pretty big I have only gained about five pounds,,, which makes me worry =[

photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2011 - 10:53am

Cheyenne don't worry about the weight gain. My mom gained 9 lbs total with my brother who was 7 lbs 6 oz!! and she looked small too. If the baby is growing that's all that matters. :-) The baby puts weight on in the end anyway. Right now the babies are only a little bigger than a pound.

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-03-2011 - 11:03am

Yeah.. don't worry!! I haven't gained any weight at all, but my belly is definately bigger!!

Photobucket