Anyone's baby delayed ??

Visitor (not verified)
anonymous user
Anyone's baby delayed ??
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 3:54pm

Jenna will be 13mths in 2 days..She is 4-5 mths delayed in motor skills and  doesn't drink from a cup, hold a bottle, stand, crawl, try to walk, self-feed, only eats baby food. We have early intervention involved for a month now but of course with all the red tape haven't started therapy yet.. I am very down and depressed about this.

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 8:47pm
Just so you know sensory processing disorder ' lookalike' like autism but it doesn't mean your child is on the spectrum. Alex ( my 8 year old) has sensory but doesn't have aspergers. It is suspected he has auditory processing disorder ( he's being tested in October) . Oddly enough he wasn't delayed early on he hit his milestones early including crawling and walking but by the time they should start doing buttons he started showing fine motor skill issues and the gross motor skill floppiness that comes with sensory. If it helps him he's a perfect lil boy going into 3rd grade who tested as having a genius level IQ( common with sensory kids to have an above average IQ)
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-05-2012 - 8:42pm
Hey r u on Facebook? I'm not on here much. My 8 year old has sensory processing disorder so if you have questions there I can probably help.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-02-2012 - 6:18pm

Grace i s delayed on gross motor skills.. she's about to start PT. she has low muscle tone.

Photobucket