Baby snacks?

iVillage Member
Baby snacks?
Mon, 01-02-2012 - 8:15pm

Has anyone tried any baby snacks, such as baby mum-mums or puffs??

I have tried both..Abbie really loves baby mum-mums, but they are really hard to find here.. we recently tried the baby puffs (banana flavor).. I realize our babies are still little and always watch for any signs that she is having issues with them... just wondering whether anyone else had tried these things?

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-23-2012 - 2:22am
carter is eating cheerio's , I had planned to buy baby versions but we were desperate one afernoon and he did great.
a href="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d134/stephhastings/?action=view&current=chris11006.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-09-2012 - 9:02pm

lol..Oddly enough my mom was a seriously laid back women and I am more of an excessive worrier.. When I had my 1st, I was kinda laid back, second child I became a little less laid back...5th..I am down right paranoid... No blankets when she sleeps, nothing surrounding her crib, no kids walking remotely close to the road (including my 11 and 10 yr old), I cut up all foods, especially meat and hot dogs even for my older..

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 01-05-2012 - 11:24am

True got some baby mum mums for Christmas...both of my other children LOVED them and were eating them by 6 month.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 01-03-2012 - 1:25pm
We don't do wheat before the first birthday due to strong family history of food allergies. As a result no Gerber puffs. There is an organic line out there though that makes wheat free puffs, and I'm sure I'll use them when we start offering solids (won't do that until sometime after 6 months). I also usually offer oatios (essentially wheat free cheerios). We might offer the mum mums this time around, but gee are they messy!!

Historically, I haven't used a lot of baby food, as I kind of let baby take the lead ... when she can eat a certain food by herself safely, she will (soft cooked carrots, green beans, cooked apple, etc). My oldest really started eating a bit more at around 8-9 months ... she'd has some baby food prior to that, but she never seemed to love it and didn't eat much. My second had a GI issue and didn't really get started with solids until 18 mos. I'm not anticipating that same challenge this time around!
iVillage Member
Mon, 01-02-2012 - 8:44pm
Carsyn has teething biscuits and DF thinks it's funny to sneak him cheetos puffs >_< thank god they don't bother him! But Carsyn hasn't had any problems with any foods and we've tried all the gerber foods except prunes
 photo siggy2.jpg

baby
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers